Flowering Problem.

Green-Nubie

Hello all, I figured id post a problem iv been having and what i found was the issue.

Iv been having problems in my recirculating dwc set up in my flower room. I had problem since i built this system.

Well i was doing some testing on a track motor i had take a poop. i had the ohm meter out testing the motor and dropped the leads to put a screw back in. When i dropped the leads they landed in the water of a tote i had open. the meter read 42 volts a.c. in the water.. i said what the bleeeep... unplugged the pump and it went away..

That got me thinking wow did i just find my issue?? so i bought a different style pump a inline one..

Now there is no voltage in the water and almost right away the plants started looking better.. now one week later all is great and things are moving along 8 times as fast.

Figured i would share this info in the hopes it might save someone else the headache and depression.

Hello all, I figured id post a problem iv been having and what i found was the issue.

Iv been having problems in my recirculating dwc set up in my flower room. I had problem since i built this system.

Well i was doing some testing on a track motor i had take a poop. i had the ohm meter out testing the motor and dropped the leads to put a screw back in. When i dropped the leads they landed in the water of a tote i had open. the meter read 42 volts a.c. in the water.. i said what the bleeeep... unplugged the pump and it went away..

That got me thinking wow did i just find my issue?? so i bought a different style pump a inline one..

Now there is no voltage in the water and almost right away the plants started looking better.. now one week later all is great and things are moving along 8 times as fast.

Figured i would share this info in the hopes it might save someone else the headache and depression.

What was going on before the discovery of the bad pump?

Pumps are actually very cheap. Hydro can be more expensive to start I suppose (not that premium soil and additives are cheap). But once it's dialed in you never have to water, just top off the reservoir. It's the problems and setback, as this grower is experiencing, that take the most time and money. One thing is for sure though, plants in a hydroponic nutrient solution grow faster and bigger.

I've never heard of this problem with electrical current in the water. How much was your inline pump? I've thought about going that way to avoid getting gunk in my submersible pump. But instead of buying a new pump I just bought a fine mesh bag at the hardware store and that keeps any particles from getting in there.

If root rot is the issue have you noticed any slime or white gel-like substances floating in your res or buckets? I imagine you have air stones in each plant site?

Archived