Ppm On The Rise Someone Help!

UrbanRangerKyle

ok so I am running 2 bubble totes under a 400w light at 24/7. I flushed on tote 2 weeks ago due to ppm at almost 2k. with nutrients my starting ppm was at 750 and when I checked this morning the tote was at 1500. the plants are growing well but I fear that nutrient deprivation is on the horizon. does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to work around this. I believe it may be bneing caused by my clones being in peatmoss pellets. the ph seems to shift around a bit as well.

ok so I am running 2 bubble totes under a 400w light at 24/7. I flushed on tote 2 weeks ago due to ppm at almost 2k. with nutrients my starting ppm was at 750 and when I checked this morning the tote was at 1500. the plants are growing well but I fear that nutrient deprivation is on the horizon. does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to work around this. I believe it may be bneing caused by my clones being in peatmoss pellets. the ph seems to shift around a bit as well.

Sounds like you're topping them off with nutrient water, or are you mixing the water and testing the ppm with all the nutrients settled on bottom?

I have been topping with full strength lucas method they are about 20 in tall

lol don't do that! Top with clean water, you're ppms will stay consistant. Change your res after a week or addback with the formula, if you have an android phone I made a calculator to figure out how much to add back. You do not top off with nutrient water in DWC ever.

yeah I dl'd you addback calculator. Having seen you around for a bit I believe I will have to take your advice jipo, after all you are the man. on the q&a forum they said either way works. are there any major cons of one way or the other?

edit: I was running low on ph test indicator fluid so I only checked my addback and after like 4 days my res was at about 4.5-5 so I fixed it

yeah I dl'd you addback calculator. Having seen you around for a bit I believe I will have to take your advice jipo, after all you are the man. on the q&a forum they said either way works. are there any major cons of one way or the other?

edit: I was running low on ph test indicator fluid so I only checked my addback and after like 4 days my res was at about 4.5-5 so I fixed it

Both work well, I add back once a week when I would be changing the reservoir but other then that, I top with clean water, your plant is going to consume more water then nutrients, so throughout the week you won't see much ppm drop until the water has been actually diluted. I would add back if you have the calculator, still change the res after a few weeks but it keeps you from having to dump out to many nutrients.

Archived