Need Information On "auto's" For Experiment.

BlackMesa

Hey all,

I am possibly interested in doing an experiment with any Auto strains, the goal would be to figure out what timing and amount of auto strains and at what rotation would be needed to keep a patient with a constant supply of medicine using 140 - 280 watts of LED grow lights. This would serve as a inexpensive alternative for patients that are now considering growing for themselves but need to keep the cost practical on a utility cost basis.

If you have any information on Auto strains and could be of assistance obtaining Auto seeds or could shed light on creating Auto seeds, I would be very thankful.

I figured once this is figured out I could make a guide book that explains what steps are needed to keep a constant supply of medicine at a low monthly utility cost all while keeping equipment maintenance to a minimum. If you have any input on this subject, feel free to share the knowledge.

Thanks, BM

Hey all,

I am possibly interested in doing an experiment with any Auto strains, the goal would be to figure out what timing and amount of auto strains and at what rotation would be needed to keep a patient with a constant supply of medicine using 140 - 280 watts of LED grow lights. This would serve as a inexpensive alternative for patients that are now considering growing for themselves but need to keep the cost practical on a utility cost basis.

If you have any information on Auto strains and could be of assistance obtaining Auto seeds or could shed light on creating Auto seeds, I would be very thankful.

I figured once this is figured out I could make a guide book that explains what steps are needed to keep a constant supply of medicine at a low monthly utility cost all while keeping equipment maintenance to a minimum. If you have any input on this subject, feel free to share the knowledge.

Thanks, BM

Autos like any other marijuana plant do great with HID vreses LED lights.with some auto strains no matter how much light you give them rather it be 400w or 600w to 1000w for 12 hours or 20 hours just dont produce enough to make it worth it. Dont get me wrong some can produce but all that I have seen and grew dont. I did a couple auto AK-47 plants my last grow and got an 1/8 oz dry from each and that was using 2 600watt HPS lights and good soil in 5gal buckets. get the right strain and it may be worth it. I have no use for the rest of the auto AK-47 seeds so if you would like to try them just to get an idea of what they are like drop me a PM. in my honest opinion your better off growing a mother plant taking clones and flowering them about 2 weeks after they take good root in your medium. doing it that way they will be about the size of most autos and will finish out in about the same time and with the right strain you could get good weight off each one

Autos like any other marijuana plant do great with HID vreses LED lights.with some auto strains no matter how much light you give them rather it be 400w or 600w to 1000w for 12 hours or 20 hours just dont produce enough to make it worth it. Dont get me wrong some can produce but all that I have seen and grew dont. I did a couple auto AK-47 plants my last grow and got an 1/8 oz dry from each and that was using 2 600watt HPS lights and good soil in 5gal buckets. get the right strain and it may be worth it. I have no use for the rest of the auto AK-47 seeds so if you would like to try them just to get an idea of what they are like drop me a PM. in my honest opinion your better off growing a mother plant taking clones and flowering them about 2 weeks after they take good root in your medium. doing it that way they will be about the size of most autos and will finish out in about the same time and with the right strain you could get good weight off each one

I would have to agree with you, keeping a good mother plant and taking clones is not rocket science. Autos however can be challenging if you are going to try and produce seed. I have only tried two strains of autos, and I'm sure there are better ones out there. I think the scenario you suggested, kind of a mini SOG would be much cheaper in the long run. Buying auto seeds would get expensive. I'm sure there may be some that disagree with this, as I certainly don't know much about some of the newer auto's available.

I agree keeping a good mother and producing clones would provide optimum results except the goal is least amount of labor while providing a constant supply. I don't even know if that would be possible with 12 plants but perhaps if the right strain was used you could pop a seed into soil every 7 days...no clue honestly, just saying maybe if the right configuration was figured out the reward would be a constant supply with very little effort and cost put in.

I've heard stories of 1/2 oz autos but if the seeds are expensive and impossible to replicate then the system would sacrifice simplicity for expense. Also consider LED impact on an Auto strain which there isn't much data for out there.

autoflower isn't the way to go if you are looking to keep things as cheap as possible indoors. its just the facts really.

with a dialed in perpetual grow of 12 photoperiod strains you can easily harvest 3-4 ounces every 9-10 days using the same amount of plants, light, and time as it would take to grow half that with autoflower strains. all strains are different, im just talking in general.

the reason that autoflowers are all the rage overseas is mainly for the outdoor growers. its a way to have a harvest in august as well as the normal harvest in sept/oct.

if you take the yield per plant and add in lights, time, and everything else....... in our Michigan setting, with our limits...... autoflower indoors really is not the way to go.

yes, I believe there are some pretty good and higher yielding/potent autos out there.... but its pretty rare.

if you can grow an auto in 60 days and get one ounce, you doing great...... but you could easily get 2-3 ounces in just 75 days with the right photoperiod strain. its well worth doubling your harvest for just an extra 2 weeks. also, if you grow photoperiod strains, you may not even have to grow 12 to keep a steady supply...... obviously less plants means less light/nutes/money......

just my 2 cents

Archived