Q & A With Gov. Rick Snyder

Gov. Rick Snyder fielded a number of questions from the public and then from members of the press on Monday. The following highlights some of the issues discussed:

Marijuana

One attendee took issue with the Michigan State Police, and asked Snyder to end the ‘state sponsored terrorism’ by legalizing and regulating marijuana.

Snyder said non-medical marijuana usage is not acceptable, and there are issues with the state’s medical marijuana law that need to be resolved. He said the MSP is a fine organization that he’s very proud of.

He told the press he looks to the Legislature for decisions regarding changing the state’s medical marijuana law.

“That’s not among the highest priorities of our administration,” he said.

Recallers

“That’s democracy,” Snyder said in regard to about 10 recallers that picketed in front of the Brentwood Restaurant Monday afternoon, Snyder said, “That’s democracy.”

“And they’re a small minority,” he added. “ ... They didn’t even come close to getting the signatures they need. But I respect them, that’s part of it. And if you look at the situation in Lansing, the protests have largely died down and they’re nothing like Wisconsin. So as a practical matter, I get positive feedback form the majority of Michiganders that they’re supportive of what I’m doing and I’m doing the job I was hired to do.”

Gov. Rick Snyder fielded a number of questions from the public and then from members of the press on Monday. The following highlights some of the issues discussed:

Marijuana

One attendee took issue with the Michigan State Police, and asked Snyder to end the ‘state sponsored terrorism’ by legalizing and regulating marijuana.

Snyder said non-medical marijuana usage is not acceptable, and there are issues with the state’s medical marijuana law that need to be resolved. He said the MSP is a fine organization that he’s very proud of.

He told the press he looks to the Legislature for decisions regarding changing the state’s medical marijuana law.

“That’s not among the highest priorities of our administration,” he said.

Recallers

“That’s democracy,” Snyder said in regard to about 10 recallers that picketed in front of the Brentwood Restaurant Monday afternoon, Snyder said, “That’s democracy.”

“And they’re a small minority,” he added. “ ... They didn’t even come close to getting the signatures they need. But I respect them, that’s part of it. And if you look at the situation in Lansing, the protests have largely died down and they’re nothing like Wisconsin. So as a practical matter, I get positive feedback form the majority of Michiganders that they’re supportive of what I’m doing and I’m doing the job I was hired to do.”

:lol: Yep...All the ones who got massive tax breaks and lucrative contracts with the state say he's a swell guy. I'm calling him a sell-out, a liar, and a threat to Michigan's future. Taxes are going up drastically in Michigan brought to you working, retired, disabled, and veterans by a Republican over lord.

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/sfa/Publications/Memos/Mem030310.pdf

Archived