One Card At A Time...

So... let's get real for a moment:

The government profits while stripping rights to privacy, rights to bear arms, driving privileges, etc.

Dirty doctors and drug dealers profit and evade taxes...

The exploited, chronically ill continue to suffer and are now subject to criminal prosecution, forfeiture of property, loss of jobs, family court intervention, etc.

Sound about right?

THIS IS NOT WHAT I VOTED FOR AND I WILL NO LONGER BE A PART OF IT.

Who's with me?

All of those things are things youc annot do anyway witohut a card, either.

If you think spending $200-300/year on registration and doctors is expensive, try losing your job and everything you own because of a raid... then getting fined on top of taht... then billed for your stay in jail...

If you stay within your limits, don't sell, keep your sht locked, you sohuld be okay...

All of those things are things youc annot do anyway witohut a card, either.

If you think spending $200-300/year on registration and doctors is expensive, try losing your job and everything you own because of a raid... then getting fined on top of taht... then billed for your stay in jail...

If you stay within your limits, don't sell, keep your sht locked, you sohuld be okay...

I think she is more concerned about the "Should" part. When it changes from "Well, as long as you do this and this, you should be ok.." to "As long as you follow law, you WILL be fine", people will be a little more relieved I think.

If you think that it’s "alright" to be violated in every way by simply registering, then you are correct. The point I am trying to make (in my 16th post) is that it just isn't worth it to participate and I am not referring to the financial cost of getting a card. Innocent people are paying the price for the corruption that exists and most patients who truly need meds don’t even realize the risk they are being subjected to. This program is nothing but a liability to patients who are legitimately and chronically ill. The MMMP is doing more to set back legalization than anything else. It’s a shame, but it is what it is.

The MMMP isn't in place to do anything about Legalization on any level. It is in place to give sick people in Michigan the option to medicate on their own terms with their own medicine. If you think Legalization is anywhere but in the extreme distant future, you're blind. (Just a general you, not you personally.)

I understand the purpose. Just sayin' that it's hurting any chance there ever was because the MMMP sucks and it makes us all look bad. Aaaaah.... venting. Just wondering how many other people are as sick and f'n tired as I. On that note...good night, sleep tight and don't let the spider mites bite!

I understand the purpose. Just sayin' that it's hurting any chance there ever was because it sucks and it makes us all look bad.

It isn't the MMMP that sucks, its everyone else that isn't honoring the MMMP. The MMMP is an agency inside of an agency. They have no pull, no force and no resources to help patients or back us. All they can do is take our money and send out cards. Money that isn't being used or given to the MMMP for said resources/force/pull.

So please don't blame the program, Blame everyone else (the list is long). We need people to have state issued cards. If people fall off the list and numbers go down, it will be a lot worse than what you think the program being in place is doing in the way of harm. Stay a patient, keep your card on you and walk proud.

If you're complaining about what's happening to patients, then I agree completely, the program isn't being run anything like it was supposed to. But if you think it's better to grow and medicate subject to the full penalty of law, you're crazy. The problem with the MMMP is that it isn't offering enough protection. It would only be wise to not participate if the MMMP increased penalties instead of protecting you.

While the program does afford us some protection, we, and only we, can ensure that we stay within the limitations of this law. We all know that stepping one iota outside of the limitations proscribed by the MMMAct invites problems that are mostly insurmountable. I feel the fear, as it is palpable and surely a real thing, but, as always, I refuse to live with that fear ruling my days and nights. Before this law became fact, I spent many a sleepless night, worrying if tonight was the night, the inevitable night that would come sooner or later. Now days, I sleep much better, never losing sleep (thanks again, PB) and have gotten off the worst of my pharma drugs in the process. I win...regardless of what the future holds, for today, I win! Peace and Respect ... j.b.

Archived