Sulpher Vaporizor

cujo

the sulfer burner I got didn't even come with directions. I now use it for one hour per night and I'm not having problems with damping-off or any fungus problems any more. Can I use up till harvest? or when do I take it out of bloom room? I like to use it in veg room when I've got the humidity up for seedlings. looking for answers from your experience. thanks

Personally ive only had to burn it once, it was early in bloom, i wanna say about 3 weeks in, i let it go overnight, it took a while for the odor to dissipate, but all was well after that. and i rinsed the plants after with plain water in a spray bottle. and no aftertaste was detected sulphur works by changing the surface ph making it toxic for mold and mildew.

Sulfur has been used to control powdery mildew for centuries. Sulfur sprays can be used indoors but they are not popular because of residue that remains on the plant. In greenhouses gardeners use sulfur vaporizers that heat elemental sulfur to the point of vaporization. The sulfur condenses on all surfaces including the leaves. A fine deposit of very low pH sulfur granules covers the leaf surfaces. The low pH environment inhibits fungal growth. The heaters use a 60 watt light bulb to heat sulfur which is held in a container above the light. The bulb supplies enough heat to evaporate the sulfur, but not enough for it to ignite. The problem with vaporizers is that they also leave a fine sulfur film on the leaves and flowers.<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; ">Active mildew: 7 to 8 hours per night 1 to 2 times a week.<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; ">Preventative maintenance: 4 to 5 hours once a week

check it out :) https://www.greenpas...lems-and-cures/

I used a sulfur burner a couple times before to try to eradicate powdery mildew. It didnt seem to work very well and it stunk my house up somethin fierce! I was told i didnt let it burn long enough but I couldnt stand the smell. I was burning for an hour every other day for a week. So now I use humidifiers in the winter and de-humidifiers in the summer to keep my humidity at around 40%-45%. I keep my room temps around 80 with lights on and no less than 72 when lights off. I havent seen powdery mildew in well over a year now. I paid a little over $200 for my burner with a jar of sulfur. If anyone is interested, i will sell it for $125 with 3/4 of a jar of sulfur. Medcnman.

the sulfer burner is part of Remo's 2lb.plus program but never heard much about the use. but they show one in almost every grow video.I wanted one for the greenhouse anyway so I got one and I'm glad I did, it sure came in handy. but now that I'm growing buds I was wondering. my temp is runing 74-77degrees and 40% humidity now so I'm not to worried. I got mine for $89.95 and prills for $8.99.P.L.hydro but I think they don't carry sulfer any more. my room isn't in the house. but if it was it would be sealed up in the basement and vented outdoors not in the house.

Archived