Mocc Open Public Meeting

ProPlayer420

MOCC Public Roseville Meeting

At the Knights of Columbus Hall 12 mile & Groesbeck area K of C Hall 16831 E. 12 mile road.

Wed, February 15, 7pm – 9pm

Come learn how to make Organic Tea. Great stuff for your plants. And very economical.

experiment1130092449c.jpg

Latest News and discussions about up coming events and legislation on goings.

Also come sign the petition or get extra copies if you need them.

Teas do not replace nutrients entirely but they help to impregnate your soil and root zone with beneficial bacteria. These bacteria interact with the soil and nutrients within in a way that it makes it much easier for your plant to get the nutrients that it needs.

What food source does tea replace?

Well you can make different formulas to use for feedings.

High Nitrogen 8-4-1(or similar) Bat Guano or worm castintgs feeds plants for healthy and vigorous vegetative growth. High Nitrogen Bat Guano or worm castings encourages fuller and healthier leaves for veggin plants.

High Phosphorus 3-8-3(or similar) bat or seabird Guano encourages better overall growth, taste and bud formation naturally in the plant.

Also all Guanos encourage microbial activity in the root zone for growing healthier plants.

All these types of stuff are used in different teas depending on the needs of your plant.

Oh ok. So good for soil. No good for hydro?

You can make a tea out of the guano by letting it sit in water overnight and filtering out the particulates. I would do a 10 percent by volume guano to water ratio. After this you will want to PH balance the solution to 5.5 and test to make sure the PPM isnt too high. If its too high you can always add water. Go for a ppm of 500. The guano is going to only supplement your solution- its mainly nitrates so your going to still need other micro and macro nutes, which is why I say keep the ppm low at 500. You can make tea out of worm castings as well- some organic farmers will spray their crops and water with the same ratio, using the same method described above in much larger tanks.

Oh ok.so tea can be used as a foliar spray as well?

You

Yes it can also be used as a foliar spray to but water it down more. And always foliar spray early in mornings so the plants have time to dry out before your lights go out. Your plant leaves actually take in the nutrients as well as your roots do but in less concentration form.

You

Yes it can also be used as a foliar spray to but water it down more. And always foliar spray early in mornings so the plants have time to dry out before your lights go out. Your plant leaves actually take in the nutrients as well as your roots do but in less concentration form.

While I've never used compost teas personally, it seems like you'd want to avoid spraying or splashing these anywhere near developing buds to avoid the potential spread of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoplasmosis and other http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal-oral_route pathogens. Just my two cents.

So... no to foliar spray?

You should always foliar spray in veg 3 days a week and it should be done early.

I only foliar spray in flower the first 10 days until bud sites develop. You only need to lightly mist the plants not drench them.

With any types of growing their are dangers. When mixing your soil you should always wear a mask and the same with handling the bat guano (bunny muffin).

I've been using it as a foliar spray for years.

I stopped using bat guanos and manure for these very reasons.

Cow/Horse poop is loaded with anthrax, which has several aerobic strains.

Remember the spinach fiasco a few years back? That was e.coli. Which is found in abundance in guano that has not been pasteurized. I have seen several pasteurized guanos that are safe to use however.

That being said, it was more for MY safety rather than my PATIENTS, reason being is none of them consume RAW cannabis. Most cannabis reaches temps far high enough to kill bad pathogens.

Like was said earlier, there are always risks.

For instance, most mined sources of phosphorous (used in synthetic nutrients) contain un-safe amounts of radiation from years of nuclear tests/disasters. The risk is low, but it is there.

I stopped using bat guanos and manure for these very reasons.

Cow/Horse poop is loaded with anthrax, which has several aerobic strains.

Remember the spinach fiasco a few years back? That was e.coli. Which is found in abundance in guano that has not been pasteurized. I have seen several pasteurized guanos that are safe to use however.

That being said, it was more for MY safety rather than my PATIENTS, reason being is none of them consume RAW cannabis. Most cannabis reaches temps far high enough to kill bad pathogens.

Like was said earlier, there are always risks.

For instance, most mined sources of phosphorous (used in synthetic nutrients) contain un-safe amounts of radiation from years of nuclear tests/disasters. The risk is low, but it is there.

Being aware of these pathogens allows people to take the necessary precautions to minimize the risk of infection either to themselves or their patients. Safety first, then teamwork!

Although I appreciate your opinions I really haven't seen any real dangers working with bat guano if the necessary steps are taking when using it. I've looked all over the internet for the dangers of using bat guano as a fertilizer in the garden and unless your sleeping in it or going into bat caves the risk are very minimal. Unless you can show me real facts of the dangers of working in the garden with it then I'll continue to use it.

They list it for use just about everywhere you look for soil amendments to growing plants of all types.

http://cmg.colostate.edu/gardennotes/234.pdf

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/blog/bat-histoplasmosis.htm

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting-basics/bat-guano-fertilizer.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guano

To much of anything isn't good for you.

Archived