Bills In Legislature (april 30, 2012) Anyone Have Info On Happening

Murph

Since the 4 Bills pass the Judiciary Cmmte., nothing much (from my research) appears to be happening,

as I cannot see when they are scheduling to bring them to the House floor -- could it be they do not have

the needed votes *(like I anticipated lacking the needed 75% SUPERMAJORITY in both House and Senate).

With Immediate-effect-o-gate pending -- they not dare fudge the Vote on these Bills as the Country is watching them now.

So, does anyone know if and when the Bills will come to the House Floor ? If so please post

FIRST HAND information -- We really do NOT need any Speculation or guesses .... We all hate these Bills,

but I am wondering what is happening????

M

Edited by Murph

That is a good question Murph. I spent a good deal of time Saturday with one of the reps and I believe they intend to move forward. He claimed to have the votes. I have no way to prove he does or doesn't. He did say some things that didn't jibe with what we know or what we have heard to whit I corrected him. Bottom line is we are all still engaged and I made it clear we will do whatever we can to stop 4834.

THE BILLS PASS IN THE HOUSE

By Dawson Bell

Detroit Free Press Lansing Bureau

3:05 PM, May 3, 2012

LANSING – The state House approved a series of bills Thursday to modify Michigan’s medical marijuana law, proposing new rules for doctor-patient relationships, law enforcement access to the patient registry and requiring medical marijuana to be kept inaccessible in vehicles.

The bills were adopted on broad, bi-partisan votes, clearing the three-fourths majority hurdle needed to amend the law approved by Michigan voters in 2008. Similar majorities will be needed for approval in the state Senate, however, before the changes would become effective.

Backers of the package said the amendments were needed to clarify issues that have arisen since the law was adopted, and will protect legitimate patients while reining in potential abuses.

• 3 weeks later...