Diatomaceous Earth Info And Question

Diatomaceous earth is used as a feed additive or supplement for livestock deworming. Here is a little statement from a livestock book I am reading about DE, moisture and its effectiveness on worm control: ... But when diatomaceous earth gets wet, it softens and loses its cutting edge...

Does that mean DE has to be applied frequently (if so, how frequently)? Has anyone that uses DE noticed that it was less effective over time?

works for fugal gnats. DON'T breathe the dust. I wouldn't use in flower either. you don't want any sticking to the buds.

has to be re-applied every time you water. I would use a flour sifter to get a nice even layer right where you want it.

DE is like volcanic ash, microscopic razor blades. kills flies in their larval stage when they come to the surface to molt into a gnat so it takes a few weeks to eradicate. for plants in bloom I'd go with "green sand". a hydro store product

mosquito dunks work great in hydro for gnats