Taking Shots All Over The Place

Hope this is the correct place for this post.

"It's the medical marijuana situation all over again, with local governments scrambling to cover all the legislative holes created by the state statute,"??? How and why are these two things even remotely related? One has to do with safe access to medicine, protecting patients rights and personal choice and the other has to do with lack of respect for others....

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20120628/NEWS01/206280307/Fireworks-rules-set-off-sparks-Residents-disagree-about-proposed-regulations

The last time Lee Dimic set off fireworks on his Hilton Road property in Brighton Township, his neighbors called the police. He and his wife were celebrating a wedding anniversary, and Dimic didn't think lighting off a few mortars was a big deal — he lights off fireworks every Fourth of July in honor of his brother, Michael Dimic, a Navy SEAL who was killed in action during the Gulf War.

He wasn't ticketed for the fireworks, but people like Dimic soon could be if local municipalities impose regulations on the use of consumer fireworks. "Finally, the state goes out and legalizes fireworks, and now I'll have to worry about blowing them off?" Dimic said. "I don't even feel like I live in America anymore. It's these silly politicians taking away people's rights." High-end consumer fireworks — like bottle rockets, firecrackers, mortars, Roman candles, artillery shells, cakes and others — were legalized this year by lawmakers and Gov. Rick Snyder. Bigger fireworks have led to bigger, badder and more frequent booms, and local officials have been flooded recently with resident complaints about the loud fireworks as the Fourth of July holiday nears.Local officials have been forced to react.

"It's the medical marijuana situation all over again, with local governments scrambling to cover all the legislative holes created by the state statute," Pinckney Village President Rebecca Foster wrote in her blog.

Sounds like Malamute, has a better understanding on the new laws on the subject. Nonetheless you are right Michigan seems to have its priorities all screwed up, 'Handle it in court' Blahhhhh.

I just wanted to add a "welcome to the site" in the post, Glad to see you posting look forward to more input from you in the future!

Have a safe holiday and Welcome to the site,

Trix

:bong2:

Trix,

Thanx for the welcome. I have been here a while trying to keep up to date on the latest info. I am all for being able to purchase and use fireworks in celebration, however I have to say a little restraint in where they are used and when makes sense. Not sure anyone needs to waste time/money making yet another ordinance/law. Tuesday morning at 1 AM is not necessarily the most appropriate time. I was just posting as she paralleled the two issues. Maybe she is just looking to pad google searches and get more readers to her blog site?

Yea.

A basic common sense approach is to correlate firweorks ordinances with basic noise ordinances. Sun-Thurs 10:00 pm and Friday and saturday at 11:00pm.

Also a more harsher ordinance is to require a license for non-National Holiday use.

This will be a city by city issue and i am surprised any city would be annoyed by being able to decide for themselves.

Yea, it was kinda obvious this was going to happen. As much as it seems common sense to not light off every night of the week, or at 1am in the morning some people are lacking in common sense and do it anyway. Which leads us to ordinances. As expensive as fireworks still are I am amazed that people do so much darn celebrating lol.

Sounds like a great show Country boy, have fun and light a few on behalf of the good things we still have here in the USA!

Years ago while living Illinois western suburbs I had a 4th of July party Fireworks display that rivaled the city. We made many Beer runs through out the day and the Police were parked a block away the whole day we were shooting off stuff and then just when we are hitting our Finale at around 10 PM The Popo stormed my house beating on my front door, jumping the fence in my back yard like stormtroopers.. I asked them why they came now after me firing them off all day and their answer was it had gone on long enough.. Lukcily we were able to hide the few we had left so there was no evidence, but I just could not believe that they would let me do it all day and then instead of asking me to stop, come in like Stormtroopers. That's when we decided to shoot them off at my sisters house on the Lake near Delton. We have never even had the Police drive by and we have been doing it every 4th for the last 7-8 years. :D

P.S. We will Honor all of the Military Branches with their Song and some Aerial display while the song plays. We will Honor all of the Disabled Americans. We will exercise our Freedom and our Right to Medicate and Assemble for some serious fun. We will be lighting off many with thoughts and prayers for our friends from here Stay Safe and Have Fun!!! :))

Edited by Country Boy