Abortion And Contraceptives, The Most Important Issues In Our State?

t-pain

For some reason, Republicans see these issues as the most important problems facing our country. I don't get it. Abortion and birth control have been legal for 40 years and have not caused any problems. Why are Republicans so fanatical about these issues? Does it involve religious beliefs? If so, religious beliefs are not supposed to be influencing our lawmaking process.

For some reason, Republicans see these issues as the most important problems facing our country. I don't get it. Abortion and birth control have been legal for 40 years and have not caused any problems. Why are Republicans so fanatical about these issues? Does it involve religious beliefs? If so, religious beliefs are not supposed to be influencing our lawmaking process.

Without being argumentative, religion has and will continue to inform, but not necessarily compel, public policy.

Without being argumentative, religion has and will continue to inform, but not necessarily compel, public policy.

The problem is that conservatives want religion to compel public policy. They want religion to trump science and, in some cases, common sense. The people who started this country realized that religion can be used in ways that are detrimental to the common good. Adhering to religious dogma simply for the purpose of adhering to religious dogma can have some pretty serious consequences for society - the Taliban comes to mind as an example.

i remember president Bush's Faith-Based Initiatives.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-01-13-bush-faith-based_N.htm

which obama is going to continue apparently

and bush's abstinence only sex education mandate...

well you can see how well the "sex prohibition" idea worked. "war on sex".

so yeah, bush is gone, but all those fknrepublicans are still around causing this anti-science religious based policy.

that said, we need to rally with the fknrepublicans, the fkndemocrats and the fknreligious and work on common ground.

if the religious people dont want their tax dollars supporting abortions in any way, i agree, they should have that choice (lol pro choice get it).

lets campaign to be able to say where individual taxes are spent.

just like i dont want my taxes going to fund a war.

Edited by t-pain

that said, we need to rally with the fknrepublicans, the fkndemocrats and the fknreligious and work on common ground.

if the religious people dont want their tax dollars supporting abortions in any way, i agree, they should have that choice (lol pro choice get it).

lets campaign to be able to say where individual taxes are spent.

just like i dont want my taxes going to fund a war.

You're right t-pain. We gotta work together as americans and not divide ourselves.

The Repubs and Demos are 2 sides of the same coin! They both lead us to perpetual war, debt and ultiimately slavery. No Politician is working for us. Hell Nancy Pelosi just defended raising pay for congress when most americans can barely put food on the table.

Why are they treated like royalty and exempt from the same unconstitutional laws they burden us with?