True Story

A person who really is not me has a problem with her medical treatment. Having been injected at a pain clinic with suspected contaminated corticosteroids, she has been discharged from the practice. Apparently the clinic attorneys are concerned with liability. She has been turned away by other doctors because they are also concerned with legal action.

She is left with only cannabis to treat, and is going without adequate medical care.

What would you do?

Edited by GregS

why did they quit her at the pain clinic she was getting shots at?  did they know she was using mm?

and with the other dr's that wouldnt treat her did they know she was an mm pt?

as far as them shots that may have been contaminated id get an attny now, but if they say they can treat her because she uses mm there realy is nothing you can do about it, been there done that, and man I wish I could have done somthing about it, I was with my dr. for 12 yrs when they quit me, they did a urine screen on me for the 1st time like 3 months after i became legal, they never once made me do a urine screen before that, they did blood work on me a few times a yr, but no prob!

as soon as my dr. of 12 yrs quit me, I called my attny, he said a dr. can quit seeing you for just about any reason, something about us being a no fault state, he said he can say he is thinning his pts to spend more time with his/her family, they can quit you for any reason! and if they are within a big hospital, their bosses or land lords wont let them treat mm pts! yea right!

what do you say cav?

when I lost my dr of 12 yrs, i was realy bummed, that is the 1st time I wondered if i did the right thing by signing up as an mm pt with the state, and then i been to 4 drs since, now this yr im gonna have to find another, Im sure glad I keep my medical records upto date at home, they are mine, and if you get em about 2 times a yr it isnt hard for the girls up front to copy them for you!  think a head, if you lost your dr this yr you may lose your new dr next yr!  sorry to be the bearer of bad news !

Best of luck to you and every one else!

Peace

Jim

The discharge has nothing to do with mj use Jim. More to the point, adequate mainstream medical care is being withheld due to legal concerns.

I hope this isnt a stupid question, is it becuase of the tainted shots?

or becuase of where there medical practice is?

I totaly understand the shock and displeasure of losing a dr. you have been with for a long time, that is the pits, last yr my new primary care dr. of 2 yrs informed me they no longer do renewels or applications for the program, I asked her about it,  she told me it was because the m.d that she worked for started renting his office from st.marys and they dont allow it, plus he became part of their staff in one way or another!

Peace

Jim

I hope this isnt a stupid question, is it becuase of the tainted shots?

or becuase of where there medical practice is?

I totaly understand the shock and displeasure of losing a dr. you have been with for a long time, that is the pits, last yr my new primary care dr. of 2 yrs informed me they no longer do renewels or applications for the program, I asked her about it,  she told me it was because the m.d that she worked for started renting his office from st.marys and they dont allow it, plus he became part of their staff in one way or another!

Peace

Jim

Because of the shots Jim.