"young Women Find Dangerous Lifestyle In Pot Growing Industry,"

pic book

the pot farms are already illegal. if you make them legal, we might see some OSHA guidelines...

it seems standard practice to do 'stints' on farms.

3-6 months at a time,

no talking to townies. no cell phones for obvious reasons. no leaving the camp.

i'm sure there are some who dont know all the rules when they go looking to make a quick buck.

its not like pot farmers can make employees sign non disclosure agreements, as they wouldnt be honored, since the activity is illegal.

its a bad situation, created by prohibition.

An increasing number of young women in the business are facing exploitation in the state’s remote northern redwood country.

But now there are more women traveling through or camping in the area, and violent encounters are growing.

“We have definitely seen increasing numbers of people asking for help,” said Watkins, 44.

Each year, the shelter houses about 10 to 15 women escaping violence encountered in the cannabis trade.

so is it increasing, or each year sees 10-15 women?

I can accept either as fact, but these two facts are contradicting.

Edited by t-pain

Almost half of our regular club members/attendees are female growers.  

It may have been a male dominated thing in the past, but since the passing of medical marijuana, many women have joined in and are still joining. 

You have mentioned this gender thing in previous threads.

I wonder where you are truly coming from or where your aiming to get.  Is the point to discredit women growers?  Why? 

Edited by northerngal

Wish I knew a lady grower. I have a friend who lost his girl to an automobile accident 8 years ago and he has always said a female who has the passion for growing is the only one who will warm his heart again.

He's a dirt boy and I been on the lookout for hydro girl for him to love.

Lady growers are not so rare anymore so there is still hope for my friend.

Edited by Juicy

Wish I knew a lady grower. I have a friend who lost his girl to an automobile accident 8 years ago and he has always said a female who has the passion for growing is the only one who will warm his heart again.

He's a dirt boy and I been on the lookout for hydro girl for him to love.

Almost half of our regular club members/attendees are female growers. 

Juicy: introduce your friend to northerngal's club.

northerngal:   where's your club?  would juicy's friend be welcome?  (he's not strain-hunting just passionate-grower-lady hunting).  i would certainly like to meet a female grower who's a go-getter on a skill level with 10-year male growers.  I think you're right, with it going medical, a few females have joined growers.  If a woman got a name--think Cervantes, Frank, Rosenthal--there'd be a tidal rush of young women into the industry, and we need them.  To have half the genders absent from any profession is costly to our selves.