Recertification Clinics

And anyone else getting spam email from our illustrious Dr. Bob.. from this  subject?  

Gotta wonder. Did B*B Townsend graduate from a diploma mill and does he have admitting privileges to any hospital? Why did he never divulge his credentials to answer to that when asked straightforwardly and repeatedly here and on other forums? Why does he not accept insurance? Why did he take sides with the Court of Appeals in its dumbassness against our community in People v Hartwick and People v Tuttle and stridently insist that the legal responsibility for dosing and specific strain used fall on caregivers, and with criminal penalty for not doing that? The Supreme Court saw through that hooey and ruled conclusively otherwise. Why did he insist that unregistered patients and caregivers are not intended to be eligible to use the Affirmative Defense. and in fact insist that there is no such thing: another matter the Supreme Court dispensed with to the benefit of we patients and caregivers, telling us clearly that unregistered patients and caregivers are indeed things, and that the AD is available to anyone engaged in medical use, with or without registration with the State? Would that diminish his cash flow because it is not necessary for those people to register with the State if they choose not to, and which many people do not do? He is not essential as a witness at his customary fee of $3000 per day (which is more than double that which other physicians charge for expert testimony) for any well prepared defendant because the Supreme Court ruled in Tut/Wick that adequate evidence of a bona fide Dr./Patient relationship and adherence to the law can be adequate to establish the necessary facts in a patient's or caregiver's defense and subsequently eliminate the need for a physician's testimony. We have been told by the Court that pertinent documents attesting to the necessary elements of the law can be admissible evidence, and we have the documents that can meet those evidentiary requirements (http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/584/entry-1163-added-evidentiary-protection-with-or-without-registration/). Why did he insist that we not protect ourselves from criminal conviction under the AD with these or other prophylactic measures? Why did he never speak to any of us as a physician to address our medical misery, but only as a carnival barker to promote his business without paying for advertising and as a wannabe lawyer? Why has he been banned from any and all cannabis forums but his own, which gets no traffic, and is not only not welcome, but despised in every corner? Does he really sign certifications for women in bars as I've been told? Is that how he gets his strange? Why does he constantly work against us? Will not the admins please revoke his pm privileges because he is spamming members?

Just askin'.

And by the bye, Sec. 3(3) of the law does not require all of the follow up the OP's doctor insists on, but only that "The physician has a reasonable expectation that he or she will provide follow-up care to the patient to monitor the efficacy of the use of medical marihuana as a treatment of the patient's debilitating medical condition." There is no other detail in the law that speaks to that issue. That's it. Hell. I might even be happy to set a follow up appointment. If my cannabis use causes me to go berserk or become otherwise sick I'll call to get in sooner. I promise. If there is no subsequent apparent problem with the efficacy of my cannabis use I'll call to let them know I'm okay and to reschedule, and reschedule again if there is no need again, just as I do with my PM&R and ortho and neuro doctors and my primary care guys, some of whom are in agreement that cannabis is an efficacious drug and useful in my medical tx. I manage my own medical case. Those people work for me. Don't call me Doctor. I'll call you. That is reasonable and squares with the law. Six visits in a year is not and does not.

Edited by GregS