Severe PTSD, anxiety and now pregnant

Guest Bohemianbotanist

Guest Bohemianbotanist

I have had a medical marijuana card for 4 years now and have been battling severe PTSD for a long time. So when I found out I was pregnant, it wasn’t as joyous as I wanted to be, I instantly was faced with either being completely out of control with my anxiety in addition to the hormonal rollercoaster a pregnancy puts you through, or continue medicating and be mentally safe through my pregnancy. 

Im not talking about just mood swings and crying at commercials. I’m talking about going catatonic, flashback, crying for days upon days, which finally leads to severe depression and suicidal thoughts. 

I have tried so many of the mental health medications they have to offer, yet nothing helps like marijuana. I go to counseling and work through the traumas I have endured and witnessed. So I am doing my due diligence with mental health. 

I have an autistic son who I homeschool, and did not use marijuana at all during that pregnancy. But here I am worried that the state will send CPS to my door if I continue to take marijuana. I’m terrified. I don’t want to choose between being mentally healthy by using the one medication that drastically helps my quality of life, or loose my baby to CPS. 

I cannot have a home birth, I’m already high risk pregnancy and have to be in a hospital for the birth. 

What can I do? 

I recently witnesses CPS doing a marijuana smoking by parents investigation and they said just because you smoke marijuana they don't take your kids away, especially if you have a card. Just don't smoke in front of them or have your smoke around them at all. Hope this sets your mind at ease a little.