Take a look inside the MSP Forensic Science Lab

KLAW Blog

MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) – The Michigan State Police Forensic Science Lab located at the 8th District Headquarters in Marquette is the only forensic science lab in the Upper Peninsula.

The 10-person lab is made up of fingerprint examiners, controlled substance analysts, biologists and technicians.

Lab Director Lieutenant Jason Welch said the lab has a variety of ways to help in investigations.

“We provide latent print analysis, biology analysis, the B.F.I. portion which is body fluid identification, and controlled substance testing,” Welch said. “In addition to the services we provide in the laboratory, we also, out in the field, provide crime scene response.”

Welch said, statewide, forensic labs get around 75,000 evidence submissions a year. He explained every form of forensic science compares known to unknown.

Watch the video and read the rest here

Take a look inside the MSP Forensic Science Lab

How Much Does it Cost for an Expungement in Michigan?

How Much Does it Cost for an Expungement in Michigan?

How much is your record costing you not to have it expunged is the question you should ask yourself. When you have been convicted of a crime in Michigan, you are likely aware of the negative impact it can have on your life, even after you have knelt in submission,...

Pending Charges?

Pending Charges?

Pending Charges. Don't wait. Get ahead of their game. If you have been arrested but not charged yet. Don't wait while they build evidence and take your statements to use against you! They may just be building a case against you and letting you get more comfortable...

Police found my friend’s drugs in my car-What do I do?

Police found my friend’s drugs in my car-What do I do?

When you're pulled over by the police and your friend throws their stash under your seat. Are they still your friend? That's up to you. But at the moment you probably are going to take the fall, pay the price and have your life turned inside out and upside down. The...

The Right to a Jury Trial

The Right to a Jury Trial

When facing criminal charges you have the right to have a trial by jury. The justice system will offer you the right to a jury trial. It's just a matter if you can afford that right. A jury trial with an attorney that is not a public defender can be costly. If you...

Can Police Lie To You?

Can Police Lie To You?

Police are allowed to lie to you. One might believe that if you ask an undercover cop if they are a police officer they have to tell you. That’s not true. Police can and will lie to you. It's legal for cops to lie The Police may legally lie, bluff, mislead and...

The post Take a look inside the MSP Forensic Science Lab appeared first on Komorn Law.

View the full article