Ohio Bill Introduced to Allow Each City to Ban Marijuana

KLAW Blog

With just over a week until Ohio’s voter-approved marijuana legalization law takes effect, a lawmaker has introduced a bill that would allow individual municipalities to locally ban the use and home cultivation of cannabis in their jurisdictions.

The legislation aims to modify the distribution of state marijuana tax revenue, specifically by decreasing funding allotted to social equity and jobs programs and redirecting it towards law enforcement training.

While Issue 2, approved by voters, specifically banned localities from prohibiting marijuana use, home cultivation, or scientific research, as well as imposing extra local taxes on cannabis products, the current bill aims to eliminate these crucial provisions, which could potentially result in a fragmented set of policies statewide.

Issue 2 currently grants municipalities the option to exclude new recreational cannabis companies from establishing themselves in their area. However, municipalities are unable to prevent existing medical marijuana enterprises from incorporating adult-use operations on-site, even if they express a desire to do so.

The bill as introduced would change how the state would need to appropriate cannabis tax revenue by adding two new funds: one for substance misuse and recovery services and another for law enforcement training.

You can follow the progress of the bill here.

Michigan medical marijuana law does not protect liars court of appeals says

Michigan medical marijuana law does not protect liars court of appeals says

LANSING, MI -- Michigan courts and police continue to work within a gray created by state marijuana legalization that contradicts federal law. Not only are lines blurred by conflicting jurisdictional laws, and complicated by the division of the state’s medical and...

Case Dismissed-Case Closed

Case Dismissed-Case Closed

Overcharged As it goes, my clients were overcharged with crimes involving drugs, guns, bombs and money. We litigated this case for over three years including 5 days of preliminary exam testimony, and several motions litigated at the District Court and the Circuit...

With just over a week until Ohio’s voter-approved marijuana legalization law takes effect, a lawmaker has introduced a bill that would allow individual municipalities to locally ban the use and home cultivation of cannabis in their jurisdictions. The legislation aims...

It’s not hard to be accused of being a Menace in Michigan

It’s not hard to be accused of being a Menace in Michigan

“You are a menace, you’re talking louder than me, you don’t agree with me and now you're pointing at me with gun fingers. I feel threatened! I’m calling the police”. All over a minor disagreement - probably about paper or plastic. Police arrive and can only do what...

With just over a week until Ohio’s voter-approved marijuana legalization law takes effect, a lawmaker has introduced a bill that would allow individual municipalities to locally ban the use and home cultivation of cannabis in their jurisdictions. The legislation aims...

NEWS RELEASE: USSC Adopts 2023 Amendments

NEWS RELEASE: USSC Adopts 2023 Amendments

WASHINGTON, D.C. ― Equipped with a quorum of Commissioners for the first time since 2018, the bipartisan United States Sentencing Commission voted today to promulgate amendments to the federal sentencing guidelines. “The Sentencing Commission is back in business,”...

DISCLAIMER
This post may contain re-posted content, opinions, comments, ads, third party posts, outdated information, posts from disgruntled persons, posts from those with agendas and general internet debauchery. Therefore… before you believe anything on the internet regarding anything and everything – do your research on verified Official Government and State Sites, Call the State Police, Check the State Attorney General Website and Consult an Attorney – and then check it again.

The post Ohio Bill Introduced to Allow Each City to Ban Marijuana appeared first on Komorn Law.

View the full article