Livonia Fentanyl bust is Michigan’s largest ever

Livonia traffic stop leads to largest fentanyl bust in Michigan history, police say

Authorities seize 90 pounds of fentanyl in Livonia Michigan

An undercover customer working with police helped them catch a gas station owner from Macomb County who was dealing fentanyl and heroin.

Macomb County gas station owner charged in state’s largest fentanyl seizure.

Barry Anthony Willis, 55, of Clinton Township, is accused of possessing controlled substances with the intent to distribute them, according to a criminal complaint filed with the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.

Investigators say during a search of Detroit properties owned by Willis, they found in excess of 90 pounds of fentanyl, more than six pounds of cocaine, a pill press, drug packaging materials, scales, a handgun, and $150,000 in suspected drug proceeds.

Read More Here at The Macomb Daily

Fox 2 Detroit – $4.2M worth of drugs, guns, and cash seized in Livonia

WXYZ TV Channel 7 – Livonia police seize drugs worth more than $4M

Community overdose surveillance: Fentanyl involvement in overdose deaths in rural Michigan

• Fentanyl was detected in approximately 70% of all deaths in 2020.
  • Overdose deaths increased by 72.4% between 2019 to 2020.
  • Stimulant use is rising and most stimulant-related deaths included fentanyl.

Real Questions from Real Calls

Question: I think I found a bag with some Fentynal in my yard??

Answer: Get far away and call the police. Even though we battle the police in a court of law there is still a need for them. Unless you want to pick it up and find out.

What is Fentanyl?

In 2023 the overdose death rate topped 112,000 in a 12 month period for the first time, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Dec 28, 2023 (Still left out 3 days)

Related Articles

Why Better Made is suing several Michigan marijuana companies

Why Better Made is suing several Michigan marijuana companies

Better Made vs. Cannabis Companies: A Michigan Trademark DisputeSummary Better Made, is embroiled in a legal battle with over a dozen cannabis businesses in the state. The lawsuit, filed in March 2024, centers on allegations of trademark infringement. Better Made...

John Sinclair, the inspiration for Ann Arbor’s Hash Bash, dead at 82

John Sinclair, the inspiration for Ann Arbor’s Hash Bash, dead at 82

John Sinclair, the poet whose imprisonment for marijuana inspired the start of Ann Arbor’s long-running annual Hash Bash in the 1970s, has died. He was 82.Sinclair's passing occurred on Tuesday, April 2, 2024, at a Detroit hospital, merely four days prior to his...

Woman high on cannabis panics and jumps from rideshare on I-96

Not a good ideaA woman, who was allegedly under the influence of cannabis, experienced a moment of panic while riding in a rideshare vehicle. In a concerning turn of events, she chose to abruptly exit the moving vehicle on I-96 near I-94, according to reports from...

Senate considers bill making governor, lawmakers eligible for FOIA

Senate considers bill making governor, lawmakers eligible for FOIA

Why this was not a thing and passed decades ago would be a good question.The Senate oversight committee will review a bill that aims to extend Michigan's Freedom of Information Act to cover lawmakers and the governor's office. Senate Bills 669 and 670 aim to expand...

More Posts

Adverse Possession in Michigan – Can Someone Claim Your Property?

Adverse Possession in Michigan – Can Someone Claim Your Property?

Understanding Adverse Possession in MichiganMichigan recognizes adverse possession, a legal doctrine allowing someone to acquire ownership of real property they've...

read more
Disciplining Student’s Speech Violates First Amendment

Disciplining Student’s Speech Violates First Amendment

You go girl!!!A public high school was found to have violated the First Amendment when it suspended a student from her cheerleading team for using profane speech off...

read more
Red Flag Rules for Extreme Risk Protection Orders-Firearms Act

Red Flag Rules for Extreme Risk Protection Orders-Firearms Act

Michigan Supreme Court - These changes follow the creation of the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act and amendments to the Firearms Act. Red Flag Laws.Effective February...

read more
Marijuana reform advocates demand apology from Kamala Harris

Marijuana reform advocates demand apology from Kamala Harris

So SorryMarijuana reform advocates demand an apology from Kamala Harris for locking up pot smokers and slam her 'political hypocrisy' for now saying no one should 'go...

read more
Federal Agency Smack Down on a Michigan Credit Union’s Cannabis Banking

Federal Agency Smack Down on a Michigan Credit Union’s Cannabis Banking

Apple to ApplesAn independent federal agency has recently cited a Michigan credit union for non-compliance with regulations regarding banking services for the marijuana...

read more
Cannabis cash transactions aren’t suspicious says IRS

Cannabis cash transactions aren’t suspicious says IRS

Following The MoneyLarge cash transactions by marijuana businesses should not be automatically flagged as suspicious, as per the latest IRS guidance. The tax agency's...

read more

Not a good ideaA woman, who was allegedly under the influence of cannabis, experienced a moment of panic while riding in a rideshare vehicle. In a concerning turn of...

read more
Synthetic Marijuana (Synthetic Cannabinoid Homologues)

Synthetic Marijuana (Synthetic Cannabinoid Homologues)

Spice/ K2, Synthetic MarijuanaWhat is Spice/ K2, Synthetic Marijuana? K2 and Spice are just two of the various trade names or brands for synthetic designer drugs that...

read more
Michigan Court Rules

Michigan Court Rules

MICHIGAN COURT RULES OF 1985Updated February 13, 2024 The Michigan Court Rules The Michigan Rules of Court are the rules adopted by the Michigan Supreme Court to govern...

read more
Redefining Impairment: Beyond THC Levels in Roadside Testing

Redefining Impairment: Beyond THC Levels in Roadside Testing

Redefining Impairment: Beyond THC Levels in Roadside Testing In recent developments that promise to reshape our understanding of cannabis use and road safety, a federal...

read more

The post Livonia Fentanyl bust is Michigan’s largest ever appeared first on Komorn Law.

View the full article