photos of an indoor grow needed for oak press

i was recently contacted by someone at the oakland press who is doing a news story on mmj. i met with him at their offices. he is having difficulty getting anyone to allow him to photograph a large indoor grow, and would like the photo/growers to not have to be anonymous...any takers? i told him i'd post on his behalf

I have done many things with the media in my years and was always treated with anonymity when I needed. Sounds like this is some young pup trying to gain some brownie points with the local police. It pays for a reporter to gain the trust of the LEO's so that they are not harassed when making cold calls for stories, or when trying to get the scoop when they are on site. I have seen many reporters in the day gain the friendship of one or two police officers just to use them for tips on stories. Seems this naive reporter would most likely get a call ten or fifteen minutes before they bashed down the doors of the local grow that they did the story on, with something like, "Hey, want to get an exclusive on a local bust? Be at the corner of blah and blah and follow us in, but stay in your vehicle until the site is cleared." Sad that people that are in constant pain, suffering from debilitating disease progression, are treated with less respect than we give the common dog. Seems like in this instance, the patients, the caregiver, and possibly the LEO's, would be used as the stepping stone for a reporters career. I'd tell them, politely of course, to go find another story.

I'll do it with these conditions.

1)The photographer meets me at a place to be named alone and I take him/her to my grow.

2)I will have a separate independent witness/videographer documenting the event.

3)The Oakland Press puts in writing they will pay for my legal defense if after the story posts I am arrested or my home raided for marijuana. Pay to replace any and all medication and equipment seized/damaged/ or destroyed if a raid occurs after the story is printed.

4)The Oakland Press will pay for me to move and one year rent if my landlord evicts me after the story is printed.

5)The Oakland Press pays me in U.S.Dollars an amount agreed upon before the shoot.

There are great risks for a patient to grow and to step forward and allow there entire world be presented in a newspaper and so there should be compensation for this access.

But we shouldn't have to live in fear either.

Idiotic to say the least...Since u were so kind to post for him,show him YOUR grow.... And as far as living in fear ?? where does the commen sense kick in ... My dad has an awesome coin collection .. Should we post where its at and how much its worth...

It was an absurd answer to an absurd request.

yes i understand that it is somewhat of an absurd request, however, in a climate and industry where things are changing on a rapid, daily basis I wasnt going to assume that there would be no one, anywhere on this board, who wouldnt entertain the thought. the fact that the topic has had almost 300 views says curiosity was piqued to say the least.

If I had a grow for him to photograph, i would let him. And considering all the gun-toting pit bull owning guests on this site, myself included, im rather surprised there is so much fear. especially if things are being done within the law. just sayin'.

as long as things are continually kept underground and secretive and anonymous, you will continue to perpetuate the stereotype that many of us are trying to avoid, that of a marijuana-lovin potsmoker with something to hide, vs. that of a legitimate medical marijuana patient.

as long as things are continually kept underground and secretive and anonymous, you will continue to perpetuate the stereotype that many of us are trying to avoid, that of a marijuana-lovin potsmoker with something to hide, vs. that of a legitimate medical marijuana patient.

I agree christina. and i beleive in being out and open also because I feel that to change the social attitude about MM we have to change our own attitudes and actions first. however, where I live i wouldn't be flashy about anything. i'd hide my big screen tv (if i had one and watched tv), hide my ps3/xbox (if i had one or played), or anything of value. its just not wise here. to many wanna be gangsta's

Maybe you haven't noticed but the Goverment has been going after those folks who have been in the Paper or on the News showing off their Grows.

I can understand the Fear and the Goverment wants you to Fear them also.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear their governments there is tyranny" -Thomas Jefferson

i carry myself a copy of the constitution. it helps me believe in the principles of the great men who wrote it, and the great many men who died for it.

the funny thing about ruling by fear...

it works incredibly well, but relies on us being afraid...

Jefferson's quote basically states that we have the responsibility of imposing that same fear into those that govern us to let them know that they work for us. Get into conversations whenever possible with gov officials and let them know of jeffersons quote, and sternly remind them that they work for us. I do so every chance I get. Sometimes I even try and put myself into situations where I have such an opportunity.

Also in a real way to make a change is by spreading ideas of philosophy to everyone you meet. not just the ones that are like you, but be brave enough to debate with those that are unlike you. :)

Archived