mmj friendly electricians?

rockinlespaul

i'm not a certified or licensed electrician, but my grandfather was and grew up playing with electricity...

i've also completed all my classes to become a certified licensed commercial/residential builder in the state of michigan, and i've been buying, fixing, renting, and selling homes for years in flint michigan. all the homes i deal with are repoes, foreclosures, abandon, etc... so many have had the wiring or parts of stolen by crackhead scrappers. meaning i've had to do my fair share of home wiring.

i've also professionally worked as a plumbers assistant (basically a not yet licensed plumber) working on rough and finish plumbing for homes worth as much a $7 million.

is it a basement room where the rafters are open (or only covered by drop ceiling), or is the room in a fully drywalled area?

i'm not a certified or licensed electrician, but my grandfather was and grew up playing with electricity...

i've also completed all my classes to become a certified licensed commercial/residential builder in the state of michigan, and i've been buying, fixing, renting, and selling homes for years in flint michigan. all the homes i deal with are repoes, foreclosures, abandon, etc... so many have had the wiring or parts of stolen by crackhead scrappers. meaning i've had to do my fair share of home wiring.

i've also professionally worked as a plumbers assistant (basically a not yet licensed plumber) working on rough and finish plumbing for homes worth as much a $7 million.

is it a basement room where the rafters are open (or only covered by drop ceiling), or is the room in a fully drywalled area?

It's a fully drywalled bedroom.

First floor bedroom, no second floor. The attic is accesible through a closet in the master bedroom.

well as long as you don't need the circut on ceiling, then it should be a pretty straight forward job as far as wiring. run wire from breaker box in basement, through rafters in basement, find wall from basement, drill hole, fish wire (hardest part), install gang box & outlet.

the part that may be a problems is the age and size of your main panel (breaker box). sometimes the old ones have to be replaced to add a new dedicated circut.

well as long as you don't need the circut on ceiling, then it should be a pretty straight forward job as far as wiring. run wire from breaker box in basement, through rafters in basement, find wall from basement, drill hole, fish wire (hardest part), install gang box & outlet.

the part that may be a problems is the age and size of your main panel (breaker box). sometimes the old ones have to be replaced to add a new dedicated circut.

The box is in the livingroom. No basement, but a 4' crawl space. It's a super clean area with lights underneath. The house is less than 10 years old. I appreciate your input!

The box is in the livingroom. No basement, but a 4' crawl space. It's a super clean area with lights underneath. The house is less than 10 years old. I appreciate your input!

right on, the box being in the living room make for an extra wall fish, and a bit more troubling, but not that bad (without looking at it... the way life usually goes half the should be easy jobs turn out being really bad jobs... but its cool cause half of them are really easy!)

right on, the box being in the living room make for an extra wall fish, and a bit more troubling, but not that bad (without looking at it... the way life usually goes half the should be easy jobs turn out being really bad jobs... but its cool cause half of them are really easy!)

If your interested in the job, shoot me an email. I just got layed off last week and I have all kinds of time on my hands. I can pay in cash and or meds. I'm in the Brighton/Howell area.

If your interested in the job, shoot me an email. I just got layed off last week and I have all kinds of time on my hands. I can pay in cash and or meds. I'm in the Brighton/Howell area.

possibly, honestly I prefer not to do this type of work anymore due to my health. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and i'm pretty beat up from dancing at the Monroe Street Fair right now (i'm not supposed to be dancing...). But i love doing trades work, its rewarding to me. I also understand the need to have MM friendly people do work on rooms, so if you cant get someone trustworthy/affordable before I can get to it, then i will come out. I'm only about 30-40 min from the brighton/howell area.

I'll probably be healed up enough in a week or so to get off my butt and do something physical. Do you have a decent cordless drill i can use for the job? i got laid off in early January, and loaned my work drill out to my brother who accidentally dropped it off a roof and hasn't replaced it for me yet.

possibly, honestly I prefer not to do this type of work anymore due to my health. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and i'm pretty beat up from dancing at the Monroe Street Fair right now (i'm not supposed to be dancing...). But i love doing trades work, its rewarding to me. I also understand the need to have MM friendly people do work on rooms, so if you cant get someone trustworthy/affordable before I can get to it, then i will come out. I'm only about 30-40 min from the brighton/howell area.

I'll probably be healed up enough in a week or so to get off my butt and do something physical. Do you have a decent cordless drill i can use for the job? i got laid off in early January, and loaned my work drill out to my brother who accidentally dropped it off a roof and hasn't replaced it for me yet.

I'll send you an email this week. Heal up first, no need to be hurting yourself. I don't have a cordless screwdriver but I'll buy one tomorrow. Maybe we can work it out so you keep that since you need a new one anyways...

I'll send you an email this week. Heal up first, no need to be hurting yourself. I don't have a cordless screwdriver but I'll buy one tomorrow. Maybe we can work it out so you keep that since you need a new one anyways...

:) thanks for the offer, but please do not go buy one. I will borrow one. Just for reference, its usually not a good idea to try and pick out drill for a construction/trades worker... We are usually pretty picky on the gear we use. :)

:) thanks for the offer, but please do not go buy one. I will borrow one. Just for reference, its usually not a good idea to try and pick out drill for a construction/trades worker... We are usually pretty picky on the gear we use. :)

Well I'm going to buy one today anyways just to have.

I understand completely though. I was sitting here trying to figure out what someone in your trade would use. I'm a mechanic and use mainly Snap On tools so I would not want to use a inferior tool(to me)for the job either.

Well I'm going to buy one today anyways just to have.

I understand completely though. I was sitting here trying to figure out what someone in your trade would use. I'm a mechanic and use mainly Snap On tools so I would not want to use a inferior tool(to me)for the job either.

I'll post on here later this week when I have some free time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived