Need Suggestions On How To Break Up My Space... Dirt Growers Help!

MiMedicalMJ

OK

I have a 15X18 location which I will turn into my area sometime.

I am going to use this area for EVERYTHING! So I want to have LOTS of open space to

move around...

I want to use tents, I was thinking 3 4X8 tents.....

Each will be its own self contained area for the entire life of the plant.

I am doing soil and was planning on starting them about a mth apart to balance my harvests and all as

best possible (of course there is not perfect balance as there is no set time for all plants to finish)

The pots I use due to my soil mix are big.... 10-15 gallon but I never have to move them after their

first move. I figure on doing about 12 per tent ??

Mothers really are not a concern, I have a good network of friends where I will always be able to get good

quality clones and Id rather go that route....

So.... What do you guys think? Can I make these three tents work in that space?

I know lots of people really like to pack their plants in tight but I like mine to have space as I always used to cut the

meristem early so I could tie it back and really busy it out

I plan on using CO2, air cooled lights and all that fun stuff

With my space is this the best use of space or would I be better off using 3 or 4 4X4 or 5X5 tents and just cutting back to about 8 per tent????

I appreciate ANY help as I am not good at figuring this stuff out in my head......

For some reason the idea of 4 5X5 tents is starting to sound pretty good.....

My basement was set up as 3 rooms. A 4x4 with 400 watts MH for cloning and veging. A 4x4 with 400 watt HPS for breeding and seed making. And a 8x6 with 1800 watts mixed MH and HPS for flowering. This main flower room held 12-14 plants. As you can see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7CwFEVx2Fc

If you are using 10-15 gallon pots you are only gonna be able to fit 3-4 in a 5x5 room. These are the measurement for the pots I can find.

10 gallon: 18-1/2" x 12".

15 Gallon: 18-1/2" x 17"

Hmmm

Well thank you!

I am glad you gave me a reality check with what I will be able to fit in there.

Just with the soil mix I am going to use and have used in the past you can go the whole cycle

with just watering plain water..... But for it to go through a whole cycle without transplanting

it a second time it just really needs a 10 gallon pot.

I am gonna have to think some things over obviously.

Thank you.

I have to ask why you are not just converting the entire room? I would break this space up into 3 seperate areas, 2 flower rooms that are appx 9x9 or 9x10 with a veg area in front that is 5x18 to feed the two flower bays. You can do this with ease using 2x2's for the dividing wall and panda film. 10 gallon pots are fine, I would only grow 4 max per light and bush them out to fill up the space.

Don't forget to set up the flower rooms with a minumum of 40 watts per square foot!

Good luck!

Dman

i was thinking about using a tent to but they are 7' feet high and my basement is that so it wont fit down their 3sq per plant is what i would do

I got mine at grow co 6' 8" I have 4" to spare but was a trick to set up.

Love my tent though... harder to keep cool almost impossible with 1k, had to downsize on the light.

I have to ask why you are not just converting the entire room? I would break this space up into 3 seperate areas, 2 flower rooms that are appx 9x9 or 9x10 with a veg area in front that is 5x18 to feed the two flower bays. You can do this with ease using 2x2's for the dividing wall and panda film. 10 gallon pots are fine, I would only grow 4 max per light and bush them out to fill up the space.

Don't forget to set up the flower rooms with a minumum of 40 watts per square foot!

Good luck!

Dman

Can't move plants easily when doing SCROG so I much rather keep my plants in one room their

entire life cycle.

Still tossing around the great debate of building walls to divide the space or using tents.....

Really a tough call with the space I have!

I like the idea of not having to move plants and just keeping them in tent for veg and flowering.

I know I would not be making the most efficient use of my spave but it sounds so much easier than

getting walls built.

I know I want to run CO2 and it seems it would be easier to run a controlled atmosphere in a tent

with just air cooled lights but I dont know....

Things have come a long way since using a corner of my basement 20 years ago!

You'll be pulling your hair out by the time you get the first tent up, good luck with two more!

They are a mutha....lol. A 15 x 8 room is huge. Divide that room up as you need and get to growin'!

And yes, a 1000 watter is hard to keep cool in a tent, but can be done. I use my large tent strictly for flowering now.

Why do you say they are a pain.

I have a couple friends here who swear by them.

I want a veg room, a flowering room and then just the open work area

to hold my large laundry tub, supplies and a table for a work area.

As I said it is 15X18 raw, ceilings are just over 7 ft (only negative)

How do you guys think you would break this up?

I could have up to 72 plants BUT I will never have that many, my space

would never properly allow 72 plants.

Why do you say they are a pain.

I have a couple friends here who swear by them.

I want a veg room, a flowering room and then just the open work area

to hold my large laundry tub, supplies and a table for a work area.

As I said it is 15X18 raw, ceilings are just over 7 ft (only negative)

How do you guys think you would break this up?

I could have up to 72 plants BUT I will never have that many, my space

would never properly allow 72 plants.

You ever put together a LARGE tent? There in lies the pain, lol. The tents themselves are great.

I have put together camping tents, I have looked into the structure of tents and can see what you are saying

BUT building walls and a room is a pain as well.

In my ignorant mind it seems yes tents may be a pain to put together BUT they can be taken down or cleaned much easier

than a fixed room.

BUT

I do not like the potential of the frame collapsing (its happened to a friend) due to too much weight (scrubber and 2 cooled lights)

I am wondering would I be able to create a good enough room with hanging the Xtreme Blackout Canvas meant for grow room (insulates heat, black on the outside and reflective on the inside). I can easily hang it from the beams in the ceiling and use wood to keep it down on the floor. Something like that would be ideal for me as I would not have to build anymore walls, I could easily tear down if I even move or anything it would be flexible for future changes, the ceiling studs are stronger than the tent frame for sure BUT I am likely missing something preventing this from working as easily as Id like.

I guess I just really am kinda lost on how to best divide that area....

I want 3 areas...

Veg room with space for clones and a couple mommas

Flower room

&

an open work area with my sink, tools and supplies.

What size rooms or what size tents Id want to best fit that area and my goals...

I can get 4X4, 5X5, 4X8, 5X10, 8X8, or 9.5X9.5 if I was to go with tents....

you could partition the room with dividers made out of 1" PVC pipe and connectors, and cover the dividers with Poly/panda plastic, its great stuff. I used this link to build my enclosure with some modifications. You could use the concept and apply it to your room. Great part about materials like this are: there easy to move, reasonably priced, they can be easily modified if need be, and the biggest one in my opinion, they don't contain any materials that can rot or store harmful mold/fungus. Cleaning is a breeze with a little water and your favorite cleaning solution.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35715

Best of luck

TFB

Archived