Traverse City Compassion Club -- Meeting Location?

boroboro

I see two listings for a meeting tonight on the calendar on the site's main page -- the TC library or the Horizon bookstore. Which is it?

Last info I can find here for the club was by Bob Heflin on last month's meeting, which was at the bookstore. Suppose maybe I'll start there, then wander around looking for friendly people.

Thanks Ikline,

Just like weather forecasting, it's frequently safest to predict that tomorrow's weather will be kind of like today's. Is the group still active? It looks like there may be a few groups in TC, and I don't know the scene over there yet.

Thanks Ikline,

Just like weather forecasting, it's frequently safest to predict that tomorrow's weather will be kind of like today's. Is the group still active? It looks like there may be a few groups in TC, and I don't know the scene over there yet.

Both are going, I usually go to the wed night mt at the gtc contection. they are on the parkway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ikline,

just wanted to give you some info about the tc meetings. There are meetings every Wednesday at 7 pm at grand traverse compassionate connection located at 207 west grandview parkway suite 101 they never change location or times! And from personal experience they are by far better than the one at the library or wherever they meet? If you need any more info they're number is 231-883-4420. The guys running the meetings are very knowledgable and are doing alot of things for the community unlike the other so called group? I went to a few of the other meetings and I knew more than the guy speaking! Not impressed with them at all. I strongly advise you to send people to the gtcc instead!

just wanted to give you some info about the tc meetings. There are meetings every Wednesday at 7 pm at grand traverse compassionate connection located at 207 west grandview parkway suite 101 they never change location or times! And from personal experience they are by far better than the one at the library or wherever they meet? If you need any more info they're number is 231-883-4420. The guys running the meetings are very knowledgable and are doing alot of things for the community unlike the other so called group? I went to a few of the other meetings and I knew more than the guy speaking! Not impressed with them at all. I strongly advise you to send people to the gtcc instead!

Sorry wrong contact number for the gtcc it's 231-883-4200

• 3 months later...

There may be two compassion clubs in TC, at least there were two a few months ago. The only one I'm familiar with is "Grand Traverse Compassionate Connection". Their meetings are every Wednesday night, 7 pm, at their office. I don't have a guarantee for the address, but my memory and Google Maps tell me that it's probably 207 Garland Street in Traverse City. At least, that address leads Google Maps to the place where the meetings are held. They say they have a Facebook presence, but I don't so I don't know about that. They do have a lousy, content-free website at http://www.gtcompassionateconnection.org (they also say they're working on it, maybe I shouldn't call it 'lousy', but just incomplete).

Just got the call I was waiting for. Here's the answers....

Traverse City Compassion Club

Mondays 7pm

- 1st Monday at the TC Public Library

- All other Mondays at Crema on Front St

A typical CC from what I understand

Grand Traverse Compassionate Connection

Wednesdays 7pm

207 W. Grandview Parkway

This Article mentions what they're about

Thanks Terrapin, very cool,

A person who reads that article you linked to and nothing else about the club might well conclude that the "Grand Traverse Compassionate Connection" is likely a shady bunch of people. I encourage interested people to actually attend a meeting before reaching this conclusion. The club is run by four people. Of the 5 or so different clubs whose meetings I've attended, I find these to be frequently the most informative, and most connected to the local political maneuverings around medical marijuana legal changes.

I can't and won't compare the two clubs. Only been to one meeting of the first club, and that was as a non-card-carrying stranger that no one knew.

Thanks Terrapin, very cool,

A person who reads that article you linked to and nothing else about the club might well conclude that the "Grand Traverse Compassionate Connection" is likely a shady bunch of people. I encourage interested people to actually attend a meeting before reaching this conclusion. The club is run by four people. Of the 5 or so different clubs whose meetings I've attended, I find these to be frequently the most informative, and most connected to the local political maneuverings around medical marijuana legal changes.

I can't and won't compare the two clubs. Only been to one meeting of the first club, and that was as a non-card-carrying stranger that no one knew.

Yea, I hated posting that link, but it gave a good description of the club. Typical TC Wretched Bird article....they gotta stir the bunny muffin. I too was trying not to compare, just provide info. ;)

Wow! Record Eagle ,They were against this law from the beginning. I,m a member of GT.CC and they have informative meetings . I have got a lot of respect for Bob and Mike. But not for Record Eagle, Take there articles and put them in the compost pile... :thumbsu: :thumbsu: MEMBER # 49 Grand Travers compassion connection.

• 1 month later...

Archived