Vaporisers

Hello Evryone,

My question is about vaporisers. i had never used one before but i seen the new iolite vaporiser in a high times mag. and told my husband that i wanted to try one. well, the wonderful man that he is he went out and bought me one. it is different that's all i can say. what i'm wondering is if you get used to them after awhile? because it is really cool and its small enough that i can take it anywhere. i am really hoping that i can get used to it. it works great as far as medicating goes, i think i am just used to smoking.anyone else feel this way when you first tried vaporisers?just wondering thanks everyone.

The man with few teeth may be on to something there. Studies report that THC, CBD, and CBN are in vapor, but don't CBD and CBN vaporize at higher temperatures than THC? I don't remember the exact numbers. Lots of people cook with the vape leftovers, though, and seem to report different effects than with non-vaped weed.

I have a simple vaporizer without direct temperature control (a Purple Days), and I love it. I haven't smoked one single time since getting the vape, and don't miss it at all. I may be an odd-ball, though, since I also prefer tinctures / edibles to smoking.

I did increase the temperature of my vape a little bit, though, by powering it with 13.5V instead of 12V. It doesn't quite burn the material, but it does turn a darker brown, and I prefer the effects with the temp a little hotter.

What do the vape leftovers look like out of the Iolite? Mine are a light brown / tan / little bit of green in standard operation, and light brown to dark brown running a bit hotter.

Many studies out there on what temps different elements are released at during vaporizing-just google it.

Yes, you will not only get used to it once you understand how to use one - you may end up preferring it.

It is healthier for you and once mastered you may use less medication.

Lower temps produce better taste in my experience.

Many studies out there on what temps different elements are released at during vaporizing-just google it.

Yes, you will not only get used to it once you understand how to use one - you may end up preferring it.

It is healthier for you and once mastered you may use less medication.

Lower temps produce better taste in my experience.

thank you all for your input. I am starting to like it more all the time. I think i am getting used to the taste. this thing could really spoil someone. you can take it anywhere and you never have to worry about people stealing your lighter lol. when it's finished it's a light brown color. I would have to say that i recomend the iolite.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Iolite. It worked for three days, then it stopped working for some reason...I could see the flame inside, but it didn't get hot and vaporize. It's a different kind of feel than smoking, but I liked it when it worked. I sent it back to the company I bought it from in California, they fixed it (supposedly), but I never got it to work after they sent it back. I think I'm just going to buy a Volcano. When I call those people in CA, they say nonspecific stuff like "fool around with it". I hope you can get your Iolite to work; I wanted something portable.

I tried the Iolite. It worked for three days, then it stopped working for some reason...I could see the flame inside, but it didn't get hot and vaporize. It's a different kind of feel than smoking, but I liked it when it worked. I sent it back to the company I bought it from in California, they fixed it (supposedly), but I never got it to work after they sent it back. I think I'm just going to buy a Volcano. When I call those people in CA, they say nonspecific stuff like "fool around with it". I hope you can get your Iolite to work; I wanted something portable.

I just bought the ariza extreme bag system and whip. Awesome vaporizer and it only ran me $250. Digital temp read out and everything.

I will also endorse the arizer extreme system. I purchased mine about 6 months ago, and couldn't be happier. I've uesd other systems, cheaper and more expensive. This is a great middle of the road system that still comes with all the bells and whistles. Cleaning is really easy too, i keep a pickle jar of ISO alcohol that i reuse, i just put all the glass pieces in it for about a day. Take them out, wipe them off inside and out, wait for them to dry completely and good as new.

TFB

I've tried a variety of vapes over the years, and of all the portable units, the Iolite is one sweet little machine...to the person who is having trouble, I hope you remember that you have to add fuel occasionally...lol...

As for those that you have to plug in...all in all the best I've tried has got to be the Volcano, there is little or no learning curve to this, it is fairly simple. I've owned a Volcano for nearly 4 years now, have never had any problems with it (Knock On Wood). It is a well built unit, guaranteed for 5 years. I know that if I ever do run into problems with mine, I will overnight it to the factory, then they will overnight a replacement for me to use while they fix mine. The folks at Storz and Bickell, manufacturer of the Volcano are some of the nicest business men that I have ever worked with...

Now, for those of you interested in purchasing a Volcano, please contact me thru the BACC web site. We have worked out a deal with the distributors of the 'cano. The lowest price I have found on line is $539 for the standard model (not digital). What we have available is a cost of $525, and this price gets you both the vape and a great lockable carry case, built like a standard firearms case, to protect your vape and also have enough room to lock up a couple of small jars of meds. Giving you the lockable case so that you can carry both your ingestion method (vape) and a bit of medicine in the same case. Please contact us at www.brightoncc.com if you are interested.

Vaping is my second choice of ingestion, as I actually prefer "medibles" overall. But, the vaporizer is the best way to 'smoke' your meds.

Peace and Respect...j.b.

Archived