Out Of Staters

Hey everyone,

I just received an inquiry from a card holding patient visiting MI from Cali looking for medical marijuana services. I know that MI offers some reciprocity with other states, but with the caregiver/patient relationship, is it possible for a caregiver to provide him services? From my reading of the law, the protections extend to out of state patients but is silent on accessing meds once here. I thought about referring him to one of the AA dispensaries, but he is quite a distance away.

In general, I only provide services to patients with whom I am connected via an official state-registered patient/caregiver relationship as I am very cautious and conservative in my attitude. After all, I can't provide meds to my patients if I'm in jail.

Any thoughts?

Use your common sense! and dont post any more about anything like that on here! If you know the guy what is there to worry about! if he is just a friend of a friend, id say sorry!

No offense, Please I dont mean any. this is just something we keep under our hats!

Peace!

Hey LACG,

My understanding, based on conversations I have had with the MDCH concerning out of state cards, is that an out of state patient who has not designated an in state caregiver, is their own caregiver, therefore you would be making a caregiver to caregiver transfer.

Concerning the California patient; to cover your butt you can verify the validity of their card online (something the MDCH should adopt IMHO). The site is listed right on their card, but for your reference: www.calmmp.ca.gov. If they only have their Drs Rec, I wouldn't do it, too many shenanigans going on with paperwork, but if they have their card and it's valid, you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

It is not necessary for a patient to have a CG. If this person from Cali is a patient, he is a patient, he does not suddenly become a CG. If lansingareacaregiver is a patient, and wants to deals with this person, so be it. If this person is an unknown, why risk it. I have heard of LEO posing as out-of-towners. Keep your head low, and your mouth shut.

In the old days we'd just sit down and smoke one.........then talk...but then again who's paranoid? Safe travels.

Problem with that is I've got this little card from the state that I never thought I'd see, giving me their permission to grow and possess marijuana. I'll be damned if I'm going to do ANYTHING that could put that card in jeopardy.

This wasn't somebody I know, just a random inquiry. I've already told them at this time that I can't help them. Still, it could be a boon to MI's tourism economy if someone could figure out how to do this legally, as we are one of the few that offers reciprocity. We've got an amazingly beautiful state and a great MM law. Why WOULDN'T a MM card holder from somewhere else choose MI to spend their vacation dollars in?

It is necessary for a patient to have a CG. If this person from Cali is a patient, he is a patient, he does not suddenly become a CG.. If lansingareacaregiver is a patient, and wants to deals with this person, so be it. If this person is an unknown, why risk it. I have heard of LEO posing as out-of-towners. Keep your head low, and your mouth shut.

yes excactly what ms. chocolate said!

Archived