Ann Arbor Patients?

Hi there -

I'm just starting to do some initial research into options in my area (Ann Arbor). I'm not currently a patient, but I meet for than a few of requirements. I'm looking for information that can be best answered by people in my area.

To be honest, I'm very nervous to bring up the topic of medical marijuana to a doctor (or anyone for that matter). I don't have a physician that I go to regularly, and the doctors who are treating my current conditions say that they are not the appropriate people to make any recommendation.

I read all the forum descriptions in the main forum, and this seemed like the most appropriate place start.

Also, I've read A LOT of info on A LOT of sites, and I'm very confused about the best way to proceed or even START. :(

So, thanks and I hope I can get some info as I'm rather lost.

W.R.

What you need to do is find a marijuana friendly doctor in your area there are a lot of options unlike last year this time when i applied as long as you have a qualifying condition that you have suffered from for at least 6 months your going to be approved.

Do a simple google search on finding a medical marijuana clinic to get your recommendation this is the place where i recieved mine.

http://www.thc-foundation.org/

@king,

Thanks.

I've actually been to that site a few times (I've been researching this for about 2 mo) and I've done the searches, but it honestly left me more confused and with more questions than when I started.

I'm trying to find a doctor, in Ann Arbor, that is sympathetic and not just a "pay me XXX and I'll write your recommendation" type.

What you got to do is get or print out a application take to your doc that's treating you for whatever! Then when you hand him the form and he going to say no way! Then you tell him, Ya you don't have to but can you give me something out of your file so you can get it. You have to have documentation of some type of pain or whatever then take that to a pain clinic you can find on the internet and then it a sure thing for 200.00! And another 100.00 for the state. Good Luck!

What you got to do is get or print out a application take to your doc that's treating you for whatever! Then when you hand him the form and he going to say no way! Then you tell him, Ya you don't have to but can you give me something out of your file so you can get it. You have to have documentation of some type of pain or whatever then take that to a pain clinic you can find on the internet and then it a sure thing for 200.00! And another 100.00 for the state. Good Luck!

You dont have to ask your doctor for your own paperwork, its ALL YOURS. Your doctor cant deny that right, or he would lose his job. Bring in a form, if he says no, request all of your records ( or just the parts documenting a qualifying condition) and take that to a maraijuana clinic.

You dont have to ask your doctor for your own paperwork, its ALL YOURS. Your doctor cant deny that right, or he would lose his job. Bring in a form, if he says no, request all of your records ( or just the parts documenting a qualifying condition) and take that to a maraijuana clinic.

See, and that differs from what's said on the site someone mentioned to me earlier. It seems every time I ask about the process, I get a different procedure to follow. I was hoping to find someone in Ann Arbor or some website recommendation that can help me find a doctor in my area to go see. I do not have a regular physician that I see, but I do have an orthopedic surgeon whom is the one I'm seeing RE the qualifying condition.

It's just very frustrating as a hopeful patient, who has done a lot of research, to still be this confused. I'm not stupid, it's just that each time someone tells me what to do, it's different. It's hard to know to to actually do so that I don't waste time or money.

Also, each time I inquire about receiving medicine, I hear something different. Some people say you have to pay your caregiver cash, each time you pick up medicine while others say that you never pay the caregiver, that the stay pays him/her. Can anyone clear that up once and for all? I've poked around a lot but have no found a definite answer :-/

bother.

See, and that differs from what's said on the site someone mentioned to me earlier. It seems every time I ask about the process, I get a different procedure to follow. I was hoping to find someone in Ann Arbor or some website recommendation that can help me find a doctor in my area to go see. I do not have a regular physician that I see, but I do have an orthopedic surgeon whom is the one I'm seeing RE the qualifying condition.

It's just very frustrating as a hopeful patient, who has done a lot of research, to still be this confused. I'm not stupid, it's just that each time someone tells me what to do, it's different. It's hard to know to to actually do so that I don't waste time or money.

Also, each time I inquire about receiving medicine, I hear something different. Some people say you have to pay your caregiver cash, each time you pick up medicine while others say that you never pay the caregiver, that the stay pays him/her. Can anyone clear that up once and for all? I've poked around a lot but have no found a definite answer :-/

bother.

You do have to pay your caregiver, unless you find 1 that would just give it to u which most likely won't happen. The state does not pay your caregiver for u. Technically caregivers r not supposed to sell you the mj they are supposed to care for your plants in there possesion and be compencated for there work but most caregivers will just factor there efforts into how much mj they give you and charge you by weight. If you are trying to get your medical and u have a qualifying "issue" it should be very easy to get a recommendation. If you want help finding a place that can get ahold of your medical records For u and provide a recommendation, I can prolly help u out. By the way I am a caregiver and I am looking for patients, let me know

F this site! If you don't ask the doc how is he going to know you want it! yes he has 7 days to give it to you!

Here's what you would do:

1. Get at least 3 sets of notes from your ortho. surgeon regarding your qualifying condition.

2. A doctor from a place like the THC Foundation (www.thc-foundation.org) would then evaluate those notes. If the docs there believe you qualify, then they call you within a couple of days and set up an appt.

3. The appt. takes a couple hours and costs $200., or $25. if you're on public assistance. They sign your recommendation.

4. Fill in your paperwork carefully and submit it to the state and WAIT.

Archived