Delta County (U.p.) Duid Case *update*

yesterday was Brendas forfiture hearing for her duid case in the U.P.

they offered her less then half her money back as a plea, she said "hell no" and then they told her they would have to move her hearing to monday the 19th.

today i got a email saying that someone heard the forfiture hearing was cancled for monday and that she would get all her money back!!!!!!

i called her right away and she contacted her lawyer and he confirmed it! she won !

not only did she win, she won represeting herself! along with the support of the yoopers from MINORML showing up to her court hearings (no more UPNORML so now were the yoopers from MINORML, thats another story for another time).

she still has the duid charge but for that she has a lawyer and they are working on trying to get that thrown out as well! i hope to have more info early next week, right now the forfiture hearing is a great victory though.

when i hear more i will post it up.

also if you are reading this and live in escanaba, i'm working on a LLEP, if you would like to help i need to get signatures. email me a escanabajosh1983@yahoo.com. i will be having the petitions verified on monday.

• 2 weeks later...

have the first hearing for the duid charge on may 5th, i'll let yas know how it turns out. i belive this is one of the first DUID charges in the state, please correct me if i'm wrong.

I believe there were 2 others down state. I also heard one lost her DL but went to court and got it back. May have been one of Matt Able's cases.

yesterday was Brendas forfiture hearing for her duid case in the U.P.

they offered her less then half her money back as a plea, she said "hell no" and then they told her they would have to move her hearing to monday the 19th.

today i got a email saying that someone heard the forfiture hearing was cancled for monday and that she would get all her money back!!!!!!

i called her right away and she contacted her lawyer and he confirmed it! she won !

not only did she win, she won represeting herself! along with the support of the yoopers from MINORML showing up to her court hearings (no more UPNORML so now were the yoopers from MINORML, thats another story for another time).

she still has the duid charge but for that she has a lawyer and they are working on trying to get that thrown out as well! i hope to have more info early next week, right now the forfiture hearing is a great victory though.

when i hear more i will post it up.

also if you are reading this and live in escanaba, i'm working on a LLEP, if you would like to help i need to get signatures. email me a escanabajosh1983@yahoo.com. i will be having the petitions verified on monday.

hello, i'm not farmiliar with this but i'm curious what is duid?it's always great when someone defeats those a**holes.congratulations to her.

• 4 months later...

thats what he says, I was in the court room back in march or so for this case and he said anyone who has a medical card might as well turn in there drivers license! any thc in system means no driving, gotta wait 30+ days from last toke to drive.

I wish i could remember when lawyer she had, i'll have to find out and email him. i do know her lawyer is a public defender who mre then likely eats lunch and plays golf with the judge. There were people trying to help her more then her lawyer was.

her lawyer kept telling her to take the 50% return on her forfuture they gave her as a plea during her forfutre hearing and she said no screw you i'm getting it all back. the courts canceled on her 3 times and finnaly agreed to give it all back. the judge,p.a.,and her court app. lawyer were all trying to get her to break so they could at least keep half the 2,000+ dollars they stole from her!

I haven't talked to her in a while.

there was people from norml for the first one and then some for the 2nd but then after that no one.

I think she need's lawyer help, her court appt. aint doing his job. this should be done and over with, thrown out back in spring!

If ya know anyone that would be able to help, even call and have a talk with her lawyer?

I'd hate to see her loose this one.

Archived