Application Information

Why does the State of Michigan require a drivers license number and a Social Security number on the application for the MMA card. Shouldn't a drivers license # be enough for I.D.?

they also need to make sure who you really are.they cant send out card to people without at least two forms of id,plus doc records,that makes it three

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Can someone help me in what to do now.. I have asked both my Cancer Doctor and my HIV Doctor and both left me asking myself why dont these health care people know where to access the info needed to make me legal. So I did my own hunting and found this web site...

Thanks

Hello

Can someone help me in what to do now.. I have asked both my Cancer Doctor and my HIV Doctor and both left me asking myself why dont these health care people know where to access the info needed to make me legal. So I did my own hunting and found this web site...

Thanks

Download the complete app & instructions, comes with explanation of the law for the doc. Take it to them, have them sign it.

It's sad that THESE are the Doctors that should know...............................People here will guide you through it. Doctors rec comes first. You need the doc to sign or get your records from them.

best of luck to you

The sad thing is that all these doctors need to make you legal is the state forms which you provide them. The problem comes from the fact that it needs to be their opinion that marijuana will help you. Doctors receive no training in the benefits of marijuana, in fact they have been indoctrinated (just like most school kids) to believe that marijuana has no medical benefits. Another issue is that if they are part of a larger practice, the practice may have a blanket policy against writing recommendations. I had two of the doctors at my dialysis center who were willing to write a recommendation until the group decided that they would allow none of their doctors to write them.

If you see aan internist or family doctor check with them. Otherwise you will have to pony up the money to see one of the MMJ friendly clinics who specialize in writing recommendations. With HIV and cancer you should be a shoe in.

Archived