There Trying To Make It So We Cant Grow

found this on site listed below not sure how old this is news to me

Sen. Gerald Van Woerkom, R-Norton Shores, and Sen. Wayne Kuipers, R-Holland, have introduced a bill that would tighten user access to marijuana. Authorized patients would not be allowed to grow their own supply as they can choose to do now, although several patients The Chronicle interviewed did not. Instead, the state would license marijuana-growing facilities. The drug would then be distributed through regulated dispensaries or approved pharmacists with a prescription.

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/muskegon/index.ssf/2010/02/editorial_tweaking_pot_laws.html

Sen. Gerald Van Woerkom, R-Norton Shores, and Sen. Wayne Kuipers, R-Holland, have introduced a bill that would tighten user access to marijuana. Authorized patients would not be allowed to grow their own supply as they can choose to do now, although several patients The Chronicle interviewed did not. Instead, the state would license marijuana-growing facilities. The drug would then be distributed through regulated dispensaries or approved pharmacists with a prescription.

http://www.mlive.com...g_pot_laws.html

uh-oh that's scary just reading what you posted without seeing the link.. afraid to look!

Silverblue

This is about Bills 616 , 617, & 618 that were introduced last year, John, Cindy, and many of the advocates on this site have been following the progress through our legislature on this matter. Not sure if the forums still have posts on this, but you can search for the Bills at

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(cie1dcmpkb5z4dbax1ithm2x))/mileg.aspx?Page=Publications

There are ongoing hearings concerning this matter that are taking place.

Kind sir:

Unless I have slept way too long, MJ is still a schedule 1 drug -- supposedly NO medical value. Thought we were attempting to change that designation. I've been known to be wrong and I have been known to sleep to excess as my illnesses dictate but I really don't think I would have missed that.

Dee

We (I) think now it was just Kuipers trying to stir up some support. He knows as well as most that pharmacists cant write a prescription as Marijuana is a secedule 2 drug. And pharmacists are under federal control.

We (I) think now it was just Kuipers trying to stir up some support. He knows as well as most that pharmacists cant write a prescription as Marijuana is a secedule 2 drug. And pharmacists are under federal control.

when should i renew my card,if its taking 120 days.i expire in nov of this year,i wanna stay ahead of them ...lol

Kind sir:

Unless I have slept way too long, MJ is still a schedule 1 drug -- supposedly NO medical value. Thought we were attempting to change that designation. I've been known to be wrong and I have been known to sleep to excess as my illnesses dictate but I really don't think I would have missed that.

Dee

My bad I waas half asleep sce 1 yes

......... being a patient i could imagine what it whould be like to try to go to a family doctor and be like i need my 1/8 refilled why sir u just had that filled 3days ago here take this tromadol for alittle wile and then will talk in a few weeks (Doctor pokets money from tramadol rep) yea.......... that whould suck

hi jim,thats what i was thinking too,has anyone been renewed yet,did it take as long for the renewal,just wondering .havnt seen any post about it yet...thanks

from what i was told when i went thru all my stuff. was that all apps including renewals get put in the pile, they all get done in the order they come in on. hope im wrong. or they get quicker or I may as well have mine filled out now too, only will have my actual plastic for 8 months, the first 4 were only paper work, and we know what that got me!

We need to stay up to date on these issues and tell everyone we know, I'll tell the cg I know. We have to take action before it gets to be law, or it'll be harder to repeal. How long did it take for prohibition to be repealed? Look how long it's taking to get marjuana prohibition repealed. The MM laws are still being tested and tweaked, and who knows what back room deals are being made to make it harder for us. It's the patients who have the most to lose, as we all know. All they want is to ease their suffering. I'm so tired of fighting the same issues every day. (Big Sigh).

Silverblue

i did not want to publicly post thisb/c iknow where its gonna go but some thing needs to done prices for 1oz @300$ + is why they want this so bad the gov say are vicoden only 50$ for a bottle and we letting joe shmoe and billybob geting all the money people need to realize how do they think there meds are worth more than the doctors visit + how many times a year is the patient......ok im done on that for now....

The really sh$tty thing is why these Government representatives wrote and proposed these articles THEIR FAMILY'S OWN HUGE COMMERCIAL GREEN HOUSES $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and now you know why.......... PEACE

Yup, when they see those dollar signs their grubby hands get into it, line their pockets, and it gets ruined for those who really need it. We fight for our rights, win some battles, yet still have to fight just to KEEP the rights already won. Some system.... illusions... but of course it could always be worse. We need to stay informed and tell anyone who'll listen.

What will happen if we get dispensaries, aside from eliminating the cg's? The state gets the money and might still cry about the budget and cut vital services. Other states like CA are a lot richer than MI is but their money is lining fat cat pockets, like every place else. Everywhere: money that could be better spent for education, health care, fixing roads, building low income housing, etc., is being mismanaged. How much does a politician get? Too much! Teachers, fire departments, nurses, hard working people who can't afford health care, insurance, can hardly afford a family, how much do they get? NOT ENOUGH. Money wasted on all these wars could prob'ly balance the budget. Health care system, education, justice system, are all broken; roads & buildings are crumbling... The state takes in big revenue from people signing up for MM, including cg's, where is it going? Wait time for cards is way overdue......

If we managed our finances the way states and countries do, well? I'm sure some people could do better at balancing the budget at any level.

This whole planet is infested with a disease called greed and it's killing us all. :(

Silverblue

I posted a similar response to this on the old forum, but in a nutshell there is no way this type of legislation would be carried out by pharmacists, regardless of state law or how "specialized" the pharmacy. While many of us may support the idea, the backlash from the feds upon a pharmacist or pharmacy for dispensing a schedule 1 substance would be, in my opinion, swift and unmitigated, regardless of state law.

There are becoming fewer and fewer of we independent pharmacies and pharmacists, and Michigan corporate pharmacies, who simultaneously operate in many states that do not support medical marijuana use, are far too rigid in their thought process to risk a showdown with the Man over what for them would be nominally profitable venture.

So even if this bill were to somehow pass, there is no way it is viable.

• 4 weeks later...

master Caregiver,

Its a joke of a bill, I bet they got laughed at just for filing it (and someone should put a website up with Kupiers picture and his bill).

He would have to get the US Gov. to reschedule MMJ.

The Pharmacists would be suing galore.

It is a Joke. If it makes it out of committe we can then attend hearings and heckle them.

The Init. 1 of 2008 says they need a 2/3 vote. They can het that much agreement to go to the bathroom!

Don;t worry.

Murph

master Caregiver,

Its a joke of a bill, I bet they got laughed at just for filing it (and someone should put a website up with Kupiers picture and his bill).

He would have to get the US Gov. to reschedule MMJ.

The Pharmacists would be suing galore.

It is a Joke. If it makes it out of committe we can then attend hearings and heckle them.

The Init. 1 of 2008 says they need a 2/3 vote. They can het that much agreement to go to the bathroom!

Don;t worry.

Murph

LOL thats great

Archived