Emergency Room Medical Records

Guest Medicinal Patient

Hey,

Do the Doctors who write Medical Marijuana recommendations accept chart notes from an ER Dr? Thanks

Why would'nt they Accept Medical Records from an ER ?

It a Hospital ...

As long as they are a Medical Doctor ....

But you'll need more then one visit ...

I believe most Compassion Doctors want 3-4 visits

showing your disability ....

Hey,

Do the Doctors who write Medical Marijuana recommendations accept chart notes from an ER Dr? Thanks

You need at least the last 3-4 chart notes and film interpratations before they will even set up the appointment is this a legal issue do you need to get legal to protect yourself in court?

If not just start doing the leg work now get some follow ups and let a regular doctor start setting up your qualifying condition for whichever medical marijuana clinic you choose to fax your charts into .

Depends on the Dr. and your condition.

If it is something very obvious like a major surgery (scars) many will bypass the 3-4 visit records and just

go with a brief history.

If you find a Dr who says ohhhh come on I dont need records stay away!!! One of those Dr's just lost their license

and now patients are unsure if their rec is even valid.

Cover your 6 and get the most through records you can.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Why would'nt they Accept Medical Records from an ER ?

It a Hospital ...

As long as they are a Medical Doctor ....

But you'll need more then one visit ...

I believe most Compassion Doctors want 3-4 visits

showing your disability ....

Just wanted to double check to see if they can be used because I already have an outstanding balance with Health Port and with no income I wanted to make sure before I somehow come up with money for them. I didn't want to try and get help buying them if they can't be used. I guess I will try to get my recent ER visits from last month and this past Dec if this DR says its a no go based on the 3 records he currently has. Thanks Tarzan

Guest Medicinal Patient

You need at least the last 3-4 chart notes and film interpratations before they will even set up the appointment is this a legal issue do you need to get legal to protect yourself in court?

If not just start doing the leg work now get some follow ups and let a regular doctor start setting up your qualifying condition for whichever medical marijuana clinic you choose to fax your charts into .

No legal issues. I am trying to hurry and get legal so I won't get dropped from a mmj friendly pain clinic for droppin dirty. The thought of being legal alone sounds real nice too! That way I would be able to receive care from my compassionate caregiver. I only have 3 chart notes and all were submitted to the Dr and I haven't heard anything in 2 weeks now and awaiting an email reply from the Caregiver I agreed to work with to see whats up. I can't call the Dr because I am stuck with no long distance. I was going to start the ball rolling on getting recent ER notes because I have a feeling I didn't submit enough records seeings how its been a few weeks now. Thanks for the help KingDiamond.

Guest Medicinal Patient

If it is something very obvious like a major surgery (scars) many will bypass the 3-4 visit records and just

go with a brief history.

If you find a Dr who says ohhhh come on I dont need records stay away!!! One of those Dr's just lost their license

Thanks so much for the advice. The Dr I submitted to has a good rep in the community. Other than ER notes I only have exactly 2 PCP notes and an Ortho Dr notes. Hope I hear something soon!. Thanks

go with a brief history.

Correctimundo... If a person has had a surgery they may not even need to show previous records.

But I'd make sure the 'recommending' doctor records his / her physical exam ... otherwise they could be accused of 'unprofessional' practice and your recommendation might not hold up later on.

To be sure that the MMJ clinic's 'recommendation' holds up when there is no previous surgery involved is the reason they often require 3 or more doc visits where the 'patient' was diagnosed with an ailment that caused 'pain'.

Archived