Different Option

How many options are there for someone who wants to use medical marijuana for pain but doesn't want to get "high". Are there ways that I could do this without it affecting my judgment. I would rather just have it where it was a edible or a pill form that would relieve my pain but still make me feel completely normal. I take Norco 750s and they make me feel "different" for about a half hour then all I notice is my pain is gone. I saw the Rick Simpson story would that oil be beneficial to me? If anyone has any ideas on how to go about this it would be so helpful.

How many options are there for someone who wants to use medical marijuana for pain but doesn't want to get "high". Are there ways that I could do this without it affecting my judgment. I would rather just have it where it was a edible or a pill form that would relieve my pain but still make me feel completely normal. I take Norco 750s and they make me feel "different" for about a half hour then all I notice is my pain is gone. I saw the Rick Simpson story would that oil be beneficial to me? If anyone has any ideas on how to go about this it would be so helpful.

Here is a post made not that long ago....maybe something worth your time.... http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/18512-gone-baby-gone-deangelo-proffers-cbd-loaded-mmj/

There is a new strain out there that has very little THC so you don't get the high effect just don't think it is available yet to everyone.

I would love to somehow find a way to take it without the effects of it. I know that is asking for a lot...Maybe there will never be something like this.

Proper dosing....

Whatever method of consumption you choose use less..

Picking the proper strains with the proper mix of indica and sativa may help.

Perhaps talk to you Dr about trying Marinol (sp?)

Myself the Norco 750's have me much more off and a high state than MMMJ is just used in

very small doses. I quit taking Norco mths ago! I rarely take anything now other than MMMJ

and when I do its a Motrin 800 at most. But of course I know people build a tolerance to the Norco

and MMMJ

I hope you can find an option that works for you! MMMJ is much less wear and tear on the body.

Have you tried capsules? if you don't first decarboxylize (heat) the cannabis, it won't produce psychotic effects. Not the most efficacious method, but worth trying. Not many have been afforded the luxury of trying the Simpson oil method of treatment (myself included), it's described as a gradual dosing to build saturation and combines a good balance of cannabinoids perhaps weighted more with Indica for a more soothing effect that becomes more apparent as treatment progresses over a period of weeks or even months. There are members here more familiar with it but If you are treating for chronic deep tissue or joint pain only, then you're probably not going to find much benefit from it over other methods for the long haul and it's not going to fly in through your kitchen window if you wish for it.

Topical might be your best means. Reduce your cannabis down and apply topically using an efficient transdermal agent such as emu oil, or there's that woman that Tom Waits wrote about ('First Kiss') that'll sell you a jar of her secret recipe potion for about twenty bucks - I'm told it's the balm. That can get you high though if you use a heat extraction method, so you might opt then for a type of alcohol extraction.

Any method you choose is going to be a royal pain in the donkey - particularly if you're already looking for pain relief from marijuana but don't want to get "high" because you're afraid it will cause you to make bad judgments. Former President George Bush comes to mind as a psychotic individual (responsible for killing perhaps over a million people) that obviously made a lot of bad judgments, so the mental impairment thing is subject to some relativity, I think. Impaired compared to what, and so on.

What you will find though, is that as you build up a saturation of cannabinoids in your system through prolonged use, you will begin to function quite normally while under it's effects. So that the typical weekend recreational user smoking skunk weed at a party is in fact likely to get stupid ("retarded"), as it were, because their brain isn't used to it; whereas, the medicinal marijuana user is going to select a plant that also has a fair amount of CBD or at least more Indica strain which is more sedate, and over a period of days, weeks and months, as you adapt to the treatment, side effects will lessen and you should be able to function quite normally - even drive an automobile extremely well!

It takes approximately six months for cannabinoids to leave your body after you quit ingesting for any length of time (for small amounts, as little as 30 days if you flush good with water), so a theory of mine is that it takes up to 6 months before you adapt to regular cannabis use completely. At nine months you may need to detox for a period (again, theory mine). These adaptations, I believe, are part of the complex nature of cannabis that makes understanding by the populous so difficult. There are many variables. Most people are linear in their thinking, always looking to reduce everything to black and white. So explaining marijuana in this context to the masses is nearly impossible.

Also: there are the newest CBD strains being developed right now that should fit a prescription such as yours (hopefully), but you'll just have to wait (always the hardest part). Best of luck, hope this has been of some help.

Guest thequietone

I think you should look into tinctures. I am trying some that was given to me by a friend. I am able to effectively manage my pain without my head being effected. I pushed the dose until it began to effect my head and then backed it down till I don't feel it in the head, but gives the most relief for pain. From what I am learning it is not that hard to make.

I mix about ten drops in a small amount of tea or juice about every five hours.

Check it out

A new strain of medical marijuana relieves pain without the high caused by other kinds of pot, with NBC Bay Area's Jodi Hernandez.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1472950662&play=1

This is the step that they need to take for those that don't want to feel the effects of marijuana. They are getting closer and closer to making a miracle pill. I still would not want to smoke it rather take it by pill or edibles.

Archived