Transplanting Before Flower

Stewedscrewed

Hey, I like to have them in their final vessel 2 weeks before to be safe, but I have transplanted as short as about one week before flower and have been fine. I think the key is to not disrupt the root ball to much. If you transplant and it stresses the plant just give it a little extra time to recover before flowering. Good luck and I hope this helps...Peace B)

Greetings:

I would personally allow them between two and three weeks to acclimate, get over any stress, and let the roots get a good start in the new dirt.

Just the way I would do it. I'm sure there are as many opinions on this as there are growers in Michigan.

both replies are correct on this one, i'd add that the roots of indica dom plants don't grow very much after the first few weeks of flower so any extra time in veg is very beneficial. going from .5 gallon to 5 gallon, i'd give them a few weeks in veg before flipping the lights.

ive done it all times never had a problem,just be really careful,of course and after your done use nitrozeme,and some superthrive, peace

Roger that.

Have transplanted even three or four weeks into flowering, it can be done without any ill effects if you're really careful. But an ounce of prevention...you know how it goes... something about an ounce...

Thanks everyone i had transplanted before, but was not putting in the time love and care I'm allowed to now a days. I try to do everything at the right times and on schedule now that i dont have to hide. I'm in sog so there clones and go in to flower two or three at a time so i think ill try some at one and two weeks out. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Oh one more thing 3.5 or 5 gallon pots? I know ill probably hear either or , but threw your experiences what worked the best and why?

Thanks everyone i had transplanted before, but was not putting in the time love and care I'm allowed to now a days. I try to do everything at the right times and on schedule now that i dont have to hide. I'm in sog so there clones and go in to flower two or three at a time so i think ill try some at one and two weeks out. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Oh one more thing 3.5 or 5 gallon pots? I know ill probably hear either or , but threw your experiences what worked the best and why?

Well, I guess if your not familiar with this strains root traits I would use the 5 gallon just for the added room to grow. The 5 gallon pots are usually deeper and provide for a deeper tap.... Some do just fine in the shorter 3.5 though.. Hope this helps!! Peace

Archived