Multipal Sclerosis And Medical Marijuana

Hi...I have never used a post page/program before...but I am having a difficult time being able to determine if I would be eligable in Michigan as a medical Marijuana Patient....I was diagnosed with Multipal Sclerosis in 1996, My MS. has progressed to Primary Progressive MS. and is now attacking my Optic nerves....my eye Dr. in Indiana...I currently live in Elkhart, IN.....and originally lived in California for 35 yrs. before I moved back here...I was a California Medical Marijuana Patient for my MS. from 1997 to 2005. I do not have the personal resources to move back to California and have Strongly considered moving to Michigan inorder to possibly gain my Med. Marijuana ability back, but I can not find MS listed as a registered Disease for Michigan Medical Marijuana consideration. My MS. has gotten much much worse in the 4 years I have lived in Indiana and my Eye Dr. and my new Neurologist have both said my MS. will eventually cause me to loose my eyesight...aswell as continue to progress with my other MS. symptoms: ie. tremmors, cognition, speech, fatigue syndrom and potentially other symptoms....so would I qualify as a Michigan Med. Marijuana patient....if I were to move to and obtain Michigan Resident status? :) -sugarlove

Absolutely YES you qualify!

Hey rockinlespaul :) Thanks for the reply...i gotta get the hang of this post board stuff....so you really think i would qualify!!...how do i go about starting the process?....i am not a Michigan resident yet but I am a Visual artist and I just can't afford to go blind...know what i'm sayin' or get any sicker than i am....Michigan certainly has a tight involved set of rules and regulations one has to go by....Cali. is much simplier!!!!!!....how would I go about finding a Qualified Nurologist....Eye Dr. up there????...would my California Dr.'s approval/diagnosis have any impact?....I was a California approved Med. herb patient for basicly a decade. My Cali Dr. i know is willing to send all my paperwork where ever helpful/needed for me. Your guy's law is so new and complex...and i know so little about it....i just need to get myself in the circle of knowledge so i can save my health. Any info U can give me would be immensly totally apprciated!!!!!!!

-sugarlove

Hey rockinlespaul :):)oldcomputerpictures1731

Thanks for the reply...i gotta get the hang of this post board stuff....so you really think i would qualify!!...how do i go about starting the process?....i am not a Michigan resident yet but I am a Visual artist and I just can't afford to go blind...know what i'm sayin' or get any sicker than i am....Michigan certainly has a tight involved set of rules and regulations one has to go by....Cali. is much simplier!!!!!!....how would I go about finding a Qualified Nurologist....Eye Dr. up there????...would my California Dr.'s approval/diagnosis have any impact?....I was a California approved Med. herb patient for basicly a decade. My Cali Dr. i know is willing to send all my paperwork where ever helpful/needed for me. Your guy's law is so new and complex...and i know so little about it....i just need to get myself in the circle of knowledge so i can save my health. Any info U can give me would be immensly totally apprciated!!!!!!!

-sugarlove

OK......

First.

Establish residency here in Michigan.

Two.

Get your Cali mmj doc and your other specialty docs to send you your medical records.

Three.

See a doc here and establish your condition with him.

Four.

Take ALL of those records to a mmj doc here in Michigan. NOT your regular doc. Most regular docs frown on mmj still here.

Five.

Send in all proper paperwork along with app. fee to the state.

Six.

Play the 3-4 month waiting game for your card(keep copies of your application and all related documents, they serve as your card until it arrives)

Seven.

Your legal 20 days after the MDCH cashes your check.

And finally Eight.

MEDICATE! :D

As noted, you certainly are indeed a "Qualifying Patient" by Michigan's standards.

Just wanted to add that a friend I've known for 50 years or so can personally attest to the wonderful, medicinal benefits of CANNABIS.

There is just "something" about CANNABIS THERAPY that profoundly helps to alleviate the unspeakably tormenting sensations of MS related symptoms - particularly sciatica and rigidity.

Remarkably, my friend can - contrary to "normal" - often walk (albeit a bit-wobbly) without the usually necessary assistance of his walking stick/cane. That is a blessing that mostly only an MS patient (and friends and family) can fully appreciate.

Unfortunately, his cigarette-smoking wife - astoundingly, a Certified Registered Nurse, mind you - is SO FRUSTRATINGLY and HYPOCRITICALLY [iF NOT ACTUALLY PAINFULLY & HARMFULLY] ENTRENCHED BY THE CEMENTED MIND-SET OF REEFER MADNESS PROPOGANDA/MENTALITY that she has threatened to divorce him if he chooses to benefit in any way from the naturally healing properties of CANNABIS; Even though his debilitating, crippling symptoms of MS are so dramatically alleviated by his very, very occasional practice of CANNABIS THERAPY.

Having been afflicted with a "short-circuited" central nervous system since birth, I also fully appreciate and enjoy the essential healing properties of CANNABIS.

CANNABIS has nearly COMPLETELY eliminated my otherwise constantly burning, pulling, and aggravating (to say the least) sciatic nerve symptoms. And, CANNABIS has also ultra significantly (and consistently) reduced the tremors and shakes induced by "Familial Essential Tremor"; And, CANNABIS has continuously reduced not only the GENERALLY RELENTLESS occassions - but EVEN the severity and intensity as well - of the debilitating clonic convulsions associated with Action Myoclonus Syndrome.

Were it not for the wonderfully healing and healthy properties of CANNABIS, I would not be able, in any way - at all, to type and share this message right now.

Without CANNABIS THERAPY, I am "normally" unable to write or even sign my name most of the time; However, the proper regiment of CANNABIS has, tho not as regularly as I would ultimately prefer, of course, helped enable me to occassionaly be able to adequately sign my name (at least, generally fair enough to be able to sign on the dotted lines on payday - for Check and Cash, and Advance America, anyway) : P

And, likely most of us here know, and do readily attest to, CANNABIS has never ever caused the irreversibly life-threatening health consequences of manmade chemicals that are mostly all generally derived and/or extracted from other . . . PLANTS!

Malfeasant State Agents aside, Michigan is a Wonderful place to Live; And, most of us who live here, I would think, wouldn't want to reside any place else on earth - at least not any place (permanently) away from Kitchi Kummi!!

Welcome to Paradise!

CANNABIS CURES - WITHOUT FEARS!

FREE the TREE

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Find a display name

Hey rockinlespaul :):)oldcomputerpictures1731

Thanks for the reply...i gotta get the hang of this post board stuff....so you really think i would qualify!!...how do i go about starting the process?....i am not a Michigan resident yet but I am a Visual artist and I just can't afford to go blind...know what i'm sayin' or get any sicker than i am....Michigan certainly has a tight involved set of rules and regulations one has to go by....Cali. is much simplier!!!!!!....how would I go about finding a Qualified Nurologist....Eye Dr. up there????...would my California Dr.'s approval/diagnosis have any impact?....I was a California approved Med. herb patient for basicly a decade. My Cali Dr. i know is willing to send all my paperwork where ever helpful/needed for me. Your guy's law is so new and complex...and i know so little about it....i just need to get myself in the circle of knowledge so i can save my health. Any info U can give me would be immensly totally apprciated!!!!!!!

-sugarlove

I have MS and had no problem at all getting approved

Yes, indeed. One of my patients has MS, and that is her only condition. I will add that approximately 3 months after starting a medible regimen she has had motor skill improvement, cognitive improvement, and her libido came back. Her family has nothing but praise and gratitude for MM, especially her husband LOL! After 14 months, she is doing very well. Her personal physician gave her the recommendation, but was initially against it. Now, the doctor has done a 180 and believes it truly works.

I suffer from many of the symptoms of MS; I take Baclofen, Robaxin, Valium, Vicodin, etc and my spasms were reduced most of all by MM. I only eat it in food or take it in pill form; either way, it takes a few weeks to a few months to take full effect. But when it does, it is truly, amazingly effective.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to update that my MS patient no longer has to use her shots; she has started donating that medication to others. She states that she now feels more "normal" than she has in 20 years. And, one of my cancer patients has lived 6 months beyond her expected time, and she is doing very well. Friends, don't throw any of that leaf away. It has a good amount of cannabinoids in it, and it can help someone who needs it.

Archived