Grow Room Space Needed For 72 Babies?

tutman2006

Every grow is different, but I would need 400sq ft. and 12 flowering lights.

*Edit~~ Actually 72 plants you wouldn't have them all in flower... So lets change my post... 250sq ft. 8 lights.

If I was do do something like that and had plenty of space I would run 4 flowering areas, each with 12 plants. Each area would need 50sq. ft & 2 lights. That would be 48 plants in flower, 12 clones & then 12 extra plants for mothers or whatever.

errr, but that would only leave a veg time of 2.5 wks. Ok so theres some flaws in my setup. But the area size and # of lights is pretty close. I only got 12 plants what do I know. :)

It depends on how big you want your plants. Do you want little sea of green plants to harvest as soon as possible or do you want to maximize production on each plant, requiring extended veg time? You could start out with sea of green and expand from there. One thing though: if you don't know the answer to your own question how are you qualified to be a caregiver to five patients at this point? I guess you could procure meds from a third party until you get your grow room producing enough.

Every grow is different, but I would need 400sq ft. and 12 flowering lights.

*Edit~~ Actually 72 plants you wouldn't have them all in flower... So lets change my post... 250sq ft. 8 lights.

If I was do do something like that and had plenty of space I would run 4 flowering areas, each with 12 plants. Each area would need 50sq. ft & 2 lights. That would be 48 plants in flower, 12 clones & then 12 extra plants for mothers or whatever.

errr, but that would only leave a veg time of 2.5 wks. Ok so theres some flaws in my setup. But the area size and # of lights is pretty close. I only got 12 plants what do I know. :)

awe :( i was just figuring harvest estimates at your original numbers on a straight grow. i think i was up to like 36 or 38lbs before i saw you edited :lol: hahah

400sqft, 12,000 watts, no limitations, and i would have the michigan version of the sequoia national forest.

Marijuana_grow_house_inside.jpg

Anyone with 72 plants? How big of an area is needed for 72 babies?

If using 1000 watt lighting how many lights would you need total for the operation? Cloning, veging, and flowering?

Thanks

the simple answer is however much room you want to give them, and the more the merrier IMO.

there are too many factors to answer your question. media? method? perpetual? or you gonna do a "blow grow" and be WAY over limit? basically are you doing this legit and "legal the way most of us interpret the law", or are you looking to go all out one time?

a good rule to go by is NO LESS than 50w/plant.

also, you may wish to look into 600w lamps if you do something like this. you receive more lumens/watt with a 600w and therefore it is more efficient than a 1000w. this is obviously amplified when you are using numerous lamps as would be necessary here.

i don't know you, and i am not knocking you, but mezz kinda touched on it............

as an experienced grower, the answer seems obvious to me if i were doing it. i guess what i am trying to say is that if you have ever grown before, you should be able to take your past results and multiply to get your numbers for 72 plants (you should already know what needs to be done).

the simple fact that you asked makes me assume that you have never grown before. i ain't God, and this is not a commandment, but dude, do not attempt a grow like this on your first time around. i heard one time that newbie growers kill more plants each year than the united states government, and truthfully, the odds are that you would be adding to these numbers.

if you have the $$ to build a room of this nature, then you probably have the time to do it right. get a few plants going and get the feel for things before taking on something like that. 72 plants is work. i don't care who you are, or what method you use............. it's a lot of work. and the last thing you need is ph shock, nute burn, or any other simple common newbie mistake multiplied by 72.

anyways, i will be here to help no matter what you choose...... i would just much rather see you succeed.

Ah... Yeah.. what bubble said!! B) and yes newbies do kill more in a year than the FED :P Good Luck man.... Any more ?'s just post em and well try to help. Peace, Love, and Big Buds.... just not too many!!

If you wanted to do a SOG that can be done in as small as a 2x4 w/ small cubes. If you are growing trees you will need 8 square feet per plant with 1000w each. Minimum. A typical SOG with larger plants is 9-16 plants per 1000w, so a 4 light operation with 16 plants, one per square foot is probably ideal for 72 plants.

Archived