Looking For Doctor In Metro-Detroit

Hello,

I am looking for a doctor in the Metro-Detroit area, I am very clear on the state laws. I have a well documented life of absence and grand mal seizures. I just got denied from CCC in Troy over the phone. Currently my condition is controlled well on Lamictal, and some minimal consumption of THC. Stress and anxiety are the largest triggers of my epilepsy, and I also have pretty bad migraines at night from both. I do not require a heavy regimen of marijuana. I would like to be afforded the right to choose how to treat my condition, as conditions resulting in seizures and/or epilepsy is covered under the law specifically.

"

333.26423 Definitions.

3. Definitions.

Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(a) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(1) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions.

(2) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis."

If someone could please assist it would be greatly appreciated. I plan on possibly trying THCF but their limited in office hours would be difficult for work. Please PM me any contact information and relevant details, I have 3 previous years of chart notes, and evaluations handy. Everything is up to date.

(313) 769-3985Tel-Ford Medical Walk In Clinic

Dearborn Heights MI

Dizz

Thanks! That was quick, I just tried calling but all circuits were busy, I will try back in a bit. Hopefully they will work out because I am in that area quite a bit, and work schedules are always an issue.

Update:

Still all circuits busy. Faxed medical records to THCF, and am hopeful, though they stated it would take about a week for evaluation. Also, will end up having to find someone to cover me for work if I must go in Friday. Either way, if anyone else has any information please feel free to share.

Update:

All circuits were not busy, I had mistyped it... I talked with a lady and will be going by there Thursday if my schedule permits. Thanks a lot, I will report back the outcome =-D

• 1 month later...

i just sent this location an email as im lookin for certification too ive heard good things about this clinic and being compassionate hope this helps anyone in search

Initially I tried the e mail approach to answer a few questions but found out it's better to just call them. They are very friendly and answer all questions.

Dizz

• 4 months later...

Archived