Stock Pile Of Meds

sknkwrks

hey bro. welcome. i been in SoCal for the last 15 years. moved to MI a month ago. been doing this forever as i am sure you have to. thats cool and all, but you gonna have to tone it down a bit. what we have here are a bunch of people who are extremely new to MMJ. PERIOD. new to growing, new to possessing, new to re-newing cards......... ect. the list goes on and on. our goal here is to help those in need, not jump on topics SCREAMING ABOUT HOW YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD BE JUST LIKE CALIFORNIA. it's cool. we understand. i feel the same way. but if you wanna meet people around here, and "gets things done" ;) hopping on here and blowing sh*t up isn't the way.

just tryin' to help man......... cause that's what we do on this site.

p.s. when you head back out west, catch the first over-head set for me bro............. i miss my early morning sessions already :)

What did Martin Luther King do at his rally speach (I have A Dream)? was he screaming or stating his beliefs from the heart about his movement? I do not know it all so if you do please enlighten me son.

• 2 weeks later...

MS it should go like that but I don't think it is according to what I have been reading. Once I start growing if I think I am gonna be over and do not have any patients I think I will just have to destroy it :( hate to say that but don't wanna get in trouble over something like a little overage

yes, burning it is probably the best way to destroy it....... ;)

OK how about a little refining of what I am reading here. Are we being our own worst enemy? How on earth would the police know I had edibles unless I told them? How would they know I had more than 2.5 oz unless I showed them? Not that I am breaking or advocating breaking the law but I don't have to help them bust me either.

It seems reasonable to me that the safe way to cure is to cure as whole plants. It also seems reasonable to destroy trimmings right away so they can't be considered usable (maybe mix in with my compose.) Once cured I believe I can keep 2.5 oz as the caregiver and my wife can keep 2.5 oz as the patient.

One big question I have is as a caregiver can I posses more than 2.5 oz if I have more than one patient?

OK how about a little refining of what I am reading here. Are we being our own worst enemy? How on earth would the police know I had edibles unless I told them? How would they know I had more than 2.5 oz unless I showed them? Not that I am breaking or advocating breaking the law but I don't have to help them bust me either.

It seems reasonable to me that the safe way to cure is to cure as whole plants. It also seems reasonable to destroy trimmings right away so they can't be considered usable (maybe mix in with my compose.) Once cured I believe I can keep 2.5 oz as the caregiver and my wife can keep 2.5 oz as the patient.

One big question I have is as a caregiver can I posses more than 2.5 oz if I have more than one patient?

Yes a caregiver can keep 2.5 on hand for each patient

Guest finallyfree09

I am tired of hearing from you homemade lawyers. Who are you to define usable mj? Curing as not usable? How foolish. If it can be smoked or used in some other manner it is going to be usable. Curing affects quality. It like being a car thief and arguing it was ok if the stolen car is a peice of crap and it shouldn't be considered until it has new tires etc. You still stole a car.

Lets say you had 12 plants growing and 100 plants worth curing do you think the judge is not going to notice?

Until this is all sorted out I suspect it is better to be on the more conservative side.

I hate all this I believe it should be legalized but until then we should be cautious.

the curing process is part of "manufacturing" marijuana which is covered in the definition of medical use of marijuana imo. get a good lawyer and you will get off. that defense has worked in cali if i am not mistaken

• 4 weeks later...

i first moved to cali in late '96. right after prop 215. i'm not one to keep up with the political end of things. a HUGE problem here in MI is the vagueness of the laws. add to that the fact that the MI people can see what other states are allowing, it makes things even more confusing than our already "mess of a structure legally".

as i stated before, everything is new here. when people start seeing news footage of homes being raided and property being taken.......... only to get an "oops" from the court system MONTHS later, hesitation becomes normal. unfortunately there have to be people to "test the system" and that testing is still ongoing in this state. the same can be said for county courthouses all over the state that are now hearing cannabis legal related cases for the first time ever in these judge's lives. just as one of us reads the newspaper and sees someone else getting busted before we open our own dispensary, you better believe these judges are researching what other judges have done in their counties before ruling on these "test" cases.

it's a wheel man. and the law has passed in Michigan finally. the wheel has begun spinning. but if you press the gas too hard at first, you will just spin your tires. that will NEVER win you the race.

yeah the bud here sucks. in general anyways. what we consider to be top quality medicine is available on every street corner in Cali. that same quality is here, dont get me wrong, its just that its in smaller quantities and less available at the moment.

it took 15 years for cali to be like it is now. 15 years man. believe me, it will not take Michigan 15 to get there......... but its gonna take longer than 2 or 3.

I dont wanna start no unprovable fight......BUT. u can go any where n smoke bad weed, even in cali. just had some 2 weeks ago...ive got 5 fam members from cali all card holders. they flipped over my buddies ak 47.... swore up and down they smoke that bunny muffin all the time no way was that ak 47 it was too good lol

About the only way I see around it would be while the whole plant is still wet, to Freeze the plant whole or partially cut up, froze still wet... the law seems to be that it becomes considered usable when DRY.

I have put wet in the freezer for a week or so when I was going on a trip right at harvest, it seemed to be undamaged and just as good as other normally dried material when dried, but this was 15 years or so ago and I wasn't doing a test or anything.

I would say partially dry (very slight, to keep legal under the non-usable definition)so that the freezing doesn't heavily damage the cell structure from expansion like on the trichromes, then seal in vacuum bags filled with an inert gas (nitrogen, possibly not needed as freezing will most likely halt any microbial breakdown of material anyways.) I wouldn't think the vacuum bags should be vacuumed either as creating a vacuum makes volatile substances (essential oils/terpenes) evaporate easier, so a positive pressure in the bags.

Freezer burn could be a factor in this non-vacuum freezing, but the way to avoid it by vacuuming has it's own problems....the evaporating of ess.oils.....or the need to vacuum seal and in turn crushing the meds.

Maybe even a fast glaze of freezing water glazing the wet bud may work also, maybe even best for longer term storage, I have no experience there though.

hey bro. welcome. i been in SoCal for the last 15 years. moved to MI a month ago. been doing this forever as i am sure you have to. thats cool and all, but you gonna have to tone it down a bit. what we have here are a bunch of people who are extremely new to MMJ. PERIOD. new to growing, new to possessing, new to re-newing cards......... ect. the list goes on and on. our goal here is to help those in need, not jump on topics SCREAMING ABOUT HOW YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD BE JUST LIKE CALIFORNIA. it's cool. we understand. i feel the same way. but if you wanna meet people around here, and "gets things done" ;) hopping on here and blowing sh*t up isn't the way.

just tryin' to help man......... cause that's what we do on this site.

p.s. when you head back out west, catch the first over-head set for me bro............. i miss my early morning sessions already :)

Good point!

Archived