Fifa World Cup 2010

Not trying to cast doubt on the veracity of the World Cup, but do you think that ref is on the up and up? I think it's kind of a big deal because like half the people in the world have some kind of interest in these games. If it's a sham then that would suck. Maybe it can help people wake up to the reality of the world. But there I go getting all Conspiracy Theorist again. :rolleyes:

haha, well, there is no replay, there is one ref and 2 line judges......... 22 players on the field, the african vuvuzela horns that can be heard like 12 miles away, and 70,000 people screaming.......... one ref..... he can't see it all.

and yes, this is a world tourny. i highly doubt that germany paid off korea to lose the match because the country of ghana put the national budget up at the bookies :)

haha, well, there is no replay, there is one ref and 2 line judges......... 22 players on the field, the african vuvuzela horns that can be heard like 12 miles away, and 70,000 people screaming.......... one ref..... he can't see it all.

and yes, this is a world tourny. i highly doubt that germany paid off korea to lose the match because the country of ghana put the national budget up at the bookies :)

That would work except obviously it's not Ghana. How much money worldwide do you think is bet on the Cup? It's got to add up to a stupendous amount. That kind of money moves mountains.

It looks like the defender at the top of the screen is closer to to goalie's box.

yup, but its a judgment call. kinda like baseball....... ya can't argue balls and strikes :)

tis the game.

anyways, i have watched it about 15 times already and the whistle CLEARLY blows while the ball is still in the air traveling to Maurice Edu's feet. which would be WAY before anyone could have known a goal was coming.

and it was the ref's very first world cup game. unfortunate.

poor officiating though.... no argument there.

"life, liberty, and the pursuit of victory" ................ the phrase painted on the side of the United States team bus.

today we play Ghana, the last remaining African nation.

today, 11 american soccer players will take on an entire continent.

............... you guys have made me so proud already this year.................. go have some fun out there today.

does anyone want to place any bets for trade or anything. im for argentina to win the cup. i live in plymouth - near ann arbor. let me know asap. thanks

ejthomps

haha, welcome to the boards!!

unfortunately, i have to give your first post a response you probably didn't want to hear.

your team has about 3 more hours left in the cup :)

with the utmost respect to Messi, and even just a tad of respect to Maradonna................ have a safe flight home.

germany wins today. The kids are gonna win it all this year and along the way Klose will score the 4 he needs to become the all-time leading scorer in cup history :)

BUT :) .............. for those who do press their luck every now and then........

i see spain defeating paraguay and that game starts in about 15 mins.

that will give us the final four teams.

netherlands vs. uruguay

spain vs germany

germany will be without mueller (2 yellow cards) which will hurt. it will hurt bad. but the speed of the germans will overtake the spaniards #1 top-ranked defense in the 2nd half and they will squeak by. it will be a nail-biter. this will be the best match out of the entire world cup i think. BUT....... if you didnt see the ghana/uruguay game you missed an instant World Cup CLASSIC.

i dont care who you are or how much you hate sports/soccer....... the last minute of regulation, the 30 minutes of extra-time, and the penalty shoot-out were something you MUST SEE.

oh the humanity.

i had 9 heart attacks and i could have cared less who won.

uruguay vs the netherlands . easy match. netherlands 2-0. maybe even 3-1.

world cup final germany/netherlands.

so much happiness for the netherlands to make it this far. seriously. what an accomplishment for their organization, and their loss to germany in the finals will be viewed as a victory around their country and in their media.

but yeah, germany wins the final. i forsee them holding a one goal lead for the last 30-45 minutes of the game and the dutch really applying some exciting pressure..... but it will just make for fun television and a great game.

......... and somewhere in there klose scores 2 goals to become the all-time cup leader :)

---------- now, lets pray that im wrong and paraguay upsets spain right now to give germany the easy route since they wont have mueller next game :)

Archived