Informal Seminar At The Wayne County Circuit Court

This is pure B S .. :growl:

When is there going to be a meeting like this one to educate patients and caregivers?

"They" get to conclude when "they" are going into action against "us." And "we" are left to guess about it.

"We" are not allowed to understand what laws "we" might be breaking. "We" just get to go to jail.

Why isn't the top blowing right off this situation?

I WANT A COPY OF THE VIDEO AND TRANSCRIPT. I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL SET THEM OFF AND WHAT IS SAFE FOR ME. WHY WOULD THAT BE A PROBLEM?

This is pure B S .. :growl:

When is there going to be a meeting like this one to educate patients and caregivers?

"They" get to conclude when "they" are going into action against "us." And "we" are left to guess about it.

"We" are not allowed to understand what laws "we" might be breaking. "We" just get to go to jail.

Why isn't the top blowing right off this situation?

I WANT A COPY OF THE VIDEO AND TRANSCRIPT. I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL SET THEM OFF AND WHAT IS SAFE FOR ME. WHY WOULD THAT BE A PROBLEM?

PB I am working with mmma right now on upgrading and getting some equipment to make this happen. Soon I hope to be able to be able to put video up of all of these meetings. John

PS I did read the information you gave me. Thanks

PB I am working with mmma right now on upgrading and getting some equipment to make this happen. Soon I hope to be able to be able to put video up of all of these meetings. John

PS I did read the information you gave me. Thanks

Thank you.

As you might be able to detect ..

I don't like these "animal farm" kind of meetings where new crimes are invented and applied against the people by surprise. If you are going to invent new laws, please tell us what those laws are.

Thank you.

As you might be able to detect ..

I don't like these "animal farm" kind of meetings where new crimes are invented and applied against the people by surprise. If you are going to invent new laws, please tell us what those laws are.

I agree information is power. And if it involves us we need to know. I posted House bill 5902 on the other post.

Anyone seen this yet?

Spread the Word!

Senator Nofs offered the following resolution:

Senate Resolution No. 164.

A resolution designating July 2010 as Michigan Craft Beer Month and commending the Michigan craft brewers.

Whereas, Michigan craft brewers are a vibrant affirmation and expression of Michigan entrepreneurial traditions, operating as community-based small businesses and providing employment for more than 1,000 workers; and

Whereas, Craft brewers reside in every region of the state of Michigan, and there are more than 70 craft brewers statewide; and

Whereas, The Michigan Brewers Guild celebrates Michigan Craft Beer Month each year by hosting a Summer Festival in July; and

Whereas, Supporting Michigan agriculture, Michigan craft brewers purchase hops, beet sugar, cherries, apples, and numerous other fruits, herbs, and vegetables grown in Michigan; and

Whereas, Michigan craft brewers promote Michigan's spirit of independence through a renaissance in handcrafted beers like those first brought to Michigan by European settlers and produced here by our forefathers, including Bernhard Stroh, for the enjoyment of the citizenry; and

Whereas, Striving to educate legal drinking-age residents, Michigan craft brewers convey awareness about the differences in beer flavor, aroma, color, alcohol content, body, and other complex variables, as well as historic brewing traditions, beer history, and gastronomic qualities of beer; and

Whereas, Michigan craft brewers champion the message of responsible enjoyment to their customers and work within their communities to prevent alcohol abuse and underage drinking; and

Whereas, Craft brewers in Michigan produce more than 100 distinct styles of flavorful beers, the quality and diversity of which have made Michigan the envy of many beer-drinking states, thereby contributing to balanced trade by reducing Michigan dependence on imported and other regional beers, supporting Michigan exports, and promoting Michigan tourism; and

Whereas, Michigan craft brewers are vested in the future, health, and welfare of their communities as employers providing a diverse array of quality local jobs; as contributors to the local tax base; and as committed sponsors of a broad range of vital community institutions and philanthropic causes, including not-for-profit housing development associations, chambers of commerce, humane societies, athletic teams, and medical research; now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate, That the members of this legislative body designate July 2010 as Michigan Craft Beer Month as a celebration of the contributions that Michigan craft brewers have made to the state's communities, economy, and history; and be it further

Resolved, That we commend Michigan craft brewers for providing jobs, improving the balance of trade, supporting Michigan agriculture, and educating residents about the history and culture of beer while promoting the responsible consumption of beer as a beverage of moderation; and be it further

Resolved, That a copy of this resolution be transmitted to the Michigan Brewers Guild as evidence of the highest esteem of the members of the Michigan Legislature.

Pending the order that, under rule 3.204, the resolution be referred to the Committee on Government Operations,

Senator Cropsey moved that the rule be suspended.

The motion prevailed, a majority of the members serving voting therefor.

The resolution was adopted.

Senators Anderson, Barcia, Birkholz, Bishop, Clarke, Jacobs, Olshove, Pappageorge, Prusi and Switalski were named co-sponsors of the resolution.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2010-SJ-06-15-056

So, let's get the Senate's Points straight . . . . BEER is a HEALTHY RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY and an ECONOMIC BASE for Michigan / America . . . but MEDICINAL CANNABIS isn't?!

HYPOCRITES!

SO . . . WHERE'S THE "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY RESOLUTION FOR CANNABIS CRAFTERS!?

All KINDS of INTERESTING things . . . going on behind closed doors, eh?

FREE the CURE!

The only point that was not known to me comes at #15.

Seedlings and clones = not plants So, at what point to these things become plants? I had heard that if there are roots, then it is a plant. A seeding will always have roots. Most, if not all clones I've seen have roots. (I guess when first cut, they do not). Again, when do these things become plants?

BTW - PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN V GEORGE EVAN FEEZEL can be found here: http://courts.michigan.gov/supremecourt/Clerk/10-09/138031/138031-Opinion.pdf

Here is what attorney Matt Abel from MiNorml had to say on what is considered a "Plant". Copied from MiNorml Talk.

"Clones are plants, and it is wrong to tell people otherwise.

(5) As used in this section, “plant” means a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons or a cutting of a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons.

There is no definition of a plant in the new law.

The old definition still applies.

Matthew Abel"

So clones ARE plants and seedlings with cotyledons are too!! Having roots or not has no relevance. Everyone stay legal!!! :thumbsu:

(5) As used in this section, “plant” means a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons or a cutting of a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons.

There is no definition of a plant in the new law.

The old definition still applies.

Matthew Abel"

Then it is against the law to harvest.

Each cut taken in the harvest process is a new plant.

See anywhere in that chunk of law that says "except for while harvesting?" Nope .. not there.

So the old controlled substance act from 1978 over rules the medical marijuana law.

We may no longer harvest our crops.

Next folks say it depends on your intent .. See that word "intent" anywhere in that old law? Nope .. not there. The only thing that matters is did you cut? If so bingo ..

Guest Wayne

While not "good news" to date LEO and prosecutors (mine raised this issue first) are only counting cuttings that are obviously being propogated in dirt,rockwool, cloners, etc. Not those that are garbage, but why keep waste around or throw it in the trash? Burn it, shred it, spread it around.

While not "good news" to date LEO and prosecutors (mine raised this issue first) are only counting cuttings that are obviously being propogated in dirt,rockwool, cloners, etc. Not those that are garbage, but why keep waste around or throw it in the trash? Burn it, shred it, spread it around.

Then they use a different "yardstick" then the law.

The problem is to define exactly what that yardstick is.

To claim the '78 law as the yardstick ignores the application in use. This law has and always will be ignored.

I have been telling people this for years. Every part of "our" plans is usefull.

Archived