Different Techniques For Increasing Yield

Done Here

I grow in dirt and in about 2 weeks I will start "BubbleBuckets" I have good success with what I currently do which is basically feed and let them grow. I know there is things like LST, Bending, pinching tieing them down and other methods. I am trying to expand my yield and would like to know what other people have tried and use. Thanks :D

I top the plant when it is very small...sometimes I top it twice. It then grows several main stalks. If I'm rushing things, I flower the plant when those stalks get 12" tall. If I can wait, I bend the stalks down flat so the plant looks like a starfish, then veg it for 2-3 more weeks so it goes into flower with 20+ main colas. I have found that the best way to tie down stalks is to secure a wire to the container, then hold the stalk between your thumb and four finger...and using your four fingers, bend the plant around your thumb evenly - your fingers round out the pressure so the stalk is less likely to pinch or break.

I use LST, topping, FIM etc. The same plant that the person I got the clone from was getting 1 to 1 & 1/2 oz from I averaged 4 & 1/2 + oz. Every strain has it's own genetics that pretty much determine what it will yield, I just use the experience & knowledge I have to get as close to the highest yield possible as I can get. I asked on here awhile back what people were averaging, I know that genetics, lighting and nutrients all play a role in the numbers, but my experience has been a little knowledge and patience can also factor in. I have a friend that is a retired scientist that is now helping me measure THC levels and hopefully increasing them. I hate to admit I do not grow for the harvest, but for the challenges it provides me. If a study was done, I am sure it would show many Michigan disabled growers are benefiting as much from the hobby mentally, as from the help the medicine does. My patients are not complaining either.

I hate to admit I do not grow for the harvest, but for the challenges it provides me. If a study was done, I am sure it would show many Michigan disabled growers are benefiting as much from the hobby mentally, as from the help the medicine does. My patients are not complaining either.

Awesome and I love Your signature

bending the plant is basically the equivalent to pruning to manage size. by tying down the top of the plant making sure there are no breaks to cut off nutrition. you will still need to prune your faltering leaf tips and whatever else. but by bending your plant every single individual bud will grow up towards the sun giving more light to the needed areas. its actually quite interesting the first time you see this done

I grow in dirt and in about 2 weeks I will start "BubbleBuckets" I have good success with what I currently do which is basically feed and let them grow. I know there is things like LST, Bending, pinching tieing them down and other methods. I am trying to expand my yield and would like to know what other people have tried and use. Thanks :D

lolly pop the bottom 8 inch and top at 20-26 inch topping def increases yield mine look like christmas trees in 5 gallon buckets bubbles also gl buddy :)

Archived