Mdch Wrong Dates On New Card

stickey1

When I renewed my patient card this year sent in my renewal form and added my wife's as my care giver had to spend a week in hospital and she had to water my girls for me.Received my wife's care giver card yesterday Date on the Letter from MDCH was May,5 2010 Here is where it gets strange Issued date is 04/29/2010 Expires 05/01/2010 So is it good for three days and I did not receive it until June 24 Have not received my new patient card yet it expires on May 1 2010 made copies of all paper work Waiting for my card will give them a little more time but this what we get for 100.00 dollars. Something needs to be done Between the states BS and the way some doctors treat you when you show your MM card Nobody takes us serious where just a bunch of stoners We need show them different and the only thing that wakes up doctors and politician is to get in there pockets take there money and votes

Hey Stickey...just so ya know...it looks like the MDCH has outdone themselves again, and not just with you...I just received my renewal card in the mail yesterday (June 25). I received my registered mail receipt from P.O. on the same day (pretty weird!) The date on the new acceptence letter was May 5, 2010, yet the expiration date on my new card is the exact same expiration date that was on my card from last year...my new card was received on 6/25/2010, yet it expired before I got it in the mail, on 6/1/2010. Obviously an error on their part, but I'm just wondering how much of an accident it was. Not sure if the date stamp was screwed up for just one day, down at the good ole MDCH, or if it has been like that for awhile now, and still happening...

We have the acceptance letter to show leo, but we need to carry it with us whenever we go out and might get stopped. Not to sound paranoid, but if this was a combined effort and shoddy scheme put together by the MDCH and local leo, then all leo has to do (with previous knowledge of this screw-up or not) is make a point to also ask for our cards when we are showing them our updated acceptance letters. The letters will say one thing, and the cards will say something else! How many of you think that we won't be taken to jail that day until "we can straighten this whole mess out!" Yeah, they'll straighten it out all right...right after you spend a day or two in jail, go through the court system (possibly having to hire a lawyer), etc...etc...etc...nice monkey wrench to toss into the machinery of every sick and suffering medical marijuana user (that'll teach us, huh?...sad!), who is truely legal...one more twisted and demented ploy being carried out against sick people, by our elected officials serving a government of "we the people"! What a sad state of affairs, when we can't trust the people we've elected to represent us...pisses me off! What else is new? This will teach me to be sick and suffering! Mayby we should all write one of our useless congressmen...just don't hold your breath[b]...

Is MMMA going to address the MDCH screw-up for all of its patrons, or are we just on our own again?[/b]

post-1739-053570700 1277565839_thumb.jpg

quick question:

...does anyone have a phone number to MDCH that doesn't just go to a voice mailbox...every number I have goes to a recording of, "please leave a message, and "we will get back to you in a timely fashion" (or something like that!).Any of us affected by this last insult to our intelligence, might want to consider calling MDCH...especially if this problem is ongoing...I'd still like to know if MMMA is going to advocate for those of us who use this site, and are suffering the hassle of this latest injustice from our state government...how the hell do they get away with this? Can anyone spell, "Lambs to the slaughter", boys and girls!

MMMA WWhere are you...do you know if anything is being done to correct this problem? I don't know...mayby it's "not your job, man!"

post-1739-023119600 1277567135_thumb.jpg

Hey Stickey...just so ya know...it looks like the MDCH has outdone themselves again, and not just with you...I just received my renewal card in the mail yesterday (June 25). I received my registered mail receipt from P.O. on the same day (pretty weird!) The date on the new acceptence letter was May 5, 2010, yet the expiration date on my new card is the exact same expiration date that was on my card from last year...my new card was received on 6/25/2010, yet it expired before I got it in the mail, on 6/1/2010. Obviously an error on their part, but I'm just wondering how much of an accident it was. Not sure if the date stamp was screwed up for just one day, down at the good ole MDCH, or if it has been like that for awhile now, and still happening...

We have the acceptance letter to show leo, but we need to carry it with us whenever we go out and might get stopped. Not to sound paranoid, but if this was a combined effort and shoddy scheme put together by the MDCH and local leo, then all leo has to do (with previous knowledge of this screw-up or not) is make a point to also ask for our cards when we are showing them our updated acceptance letters. The letters will say one thing, and the cards will say something else! How many of you think that we won't be taken to jail that day until "we can straighten this whole mess out!" Yeah, they'll straighten it out all right...right after you spend a day or two in jail, go through the court system (possibly having to hire a lawyer), etc...etc...etc...nice monkey wrench to toss into the machinery of every sick and suffering medical marijuana user (that'll teach us, huh?...sad!), who is truely legal...one more twisted and demented ploy being carried out against sick people, by our elected officials serving a government of "we the people"! What a sad state of affairs, when we can't trust the people we've elected to represent us...pisses me off! What else is new? This will teach me to be sick and suffering! Mayby we should all write one of our useless congressmen...just don't hold your breath[b]...

Is MMMA going to address the MDCH screw-up for all of its patrons, or are we just on our own again?[/b]

I just contacted Cushingberry's office with this info and I will follow up during next weeks meeting. Thanks John Wells

quick question:

...does anyone have a phone number to MDCH that doesn't just go to a voice mailbox...every number I have goes to a recording of, "please leave a message, and "we will get back to you in a timely fashion" (or something like that!).Any of us affected by this last insult to our intelligence, might want to consider calling MDCH...especially if this problem is ongoing...I'd still like to know if MMMA is going to advocate for those of us who use this site, and are suffering the hassle of this latest injustice from our state government...how the hell do they get away with this? Can anyone spell, "Lambs to the slaughter", boys and girls!

MMMA WWhere are you...do you know if anything is being done to correct this problem? I don't know...mayby it's "not your job, man!"

I personaly go to almost every meeting involving MDCH in Lansing. Please review the post I have done on this site regarding meetings in Lansing. We are taking action. And we have support in Lansing (Cushingberry). What would really help is more people getting involved and helping share the load. It’s a 4+ hour drive down for me but I make the trips to fight for your rights. And several hours a day on phone calls and emails. We are fighting. Thanks John Wells

quick question:

Email em. They seem like nice ppl, but this is getting a bit out of hand, and it's not funny!

I personaly go to almost every meeting involving MDCH in Lansing. Please review the post I have done on this site regarding meetings in Lansing. We are taking action. And we have support in Lansing (Cushingberry). What would really help is more people getting involved and helping share the load. It’s a 4+ hour drive down for me but I make the trips to fight for your rights. And several hours a day on phone calls and emails. We are fighting. Thanks John Wells

Thank You

I know I can include most of the MM community in this. Thank you for being so involved in this and looking out for us. I really enjoy reading all your posts and updates.

HerbRx

To John Wells...thank you for taking the time and patience to respond to my question/complaint...none of my post was directed at you or anyone in particular @ MMMA...I was just hoping to see someonbe there take an interest in a situation that could snowball into a big headache for patients and caregivers in the near future. Incorrect dates on cards could lead to arrests and other problems that none of us need, or even want to think about...

...not sure who you were addressing with your comment about this not being funny anymore, but I'm someone who never saw any humor in this situation, and was only trying to avoid hassles, by asking if anyone else had run into this problem...thanks again for your time and understanding, and explaining your efforts...it helps!

post-1739-067069100 1277586336_thumb.jpg

Guest Wayne

Got my renewal card less than 5 weeks after mailing. All dates correct and expiration date remained the same as that on original. No complaints here. Not that they don't need a boot up their donkey.

Wayne says: "Got my renewal card less than 5 mos after mailing. All dates correct and expiration date remained the same as that on original. No complaints here. Not that they don't need a boot up their donkey".

Wayne,

I may be misunderstanding what you said or taking it out of context somehow. Not sure but didn't you say that you got your renewal card in the mail, and that the expiration date remained the same as on original?

That's what I said happened to me, and that's the problem! The new card shouldn't say the same expiration date as last year! It should have an expiration date that is one year later than that of your original. Sorry if I misunderstood you somehow, but I have to say I'm confused by what you said...could you expand on this a little more...is the date on your new "renewed" card the same as it was on your last years card?

If so, my understanding is that Lansing (MDCH) has made a mistake, that needs to be corrected immediatly, or next thing leo will be holding your new card with last years expiration date, and the paperwork that came with it, with a current date...this is a conflict, to my understanding...it will cause potential problems with leo in the future, if ever asked for both the card and the paperwork...C2

post-1739-035574200 1277675088_thumb.jpg

Guest Wayne

Sorry musta been tired. 5 weeks and they had my dates correct. Card expired 6/1/10 new one expires 6/1/11. Hope that clears things up. Still not up to snuff but then anyone not realizing that the MDCH Director is affecting card distribution because of her anti cannabis stance doesn't understand her or the MDCH. Worked for them for 27 yrs.

Archived