New Grand Rapids Law

shark73

recently saw gr passed law that you have to be 1000ft from school and pay $244 to cultivate in the city limits. So what do you tellsomeone who has card,two patients, put alot of time and effort, money and is keeping house out of forclosure that happens to live near a school and bought for that reason. Is it to bad and good luck?

recently saw gr passed law that you have to be 1000ft from school and pay $244 to cultivate in the city limits. So what do you tellsomeone who has card,two patients, put alot of time and effort, money and is keeping house out of forclosure that happens to live near a school and bought for that reason. Is it to bad and good luck?

check and see if you grandfather in since "a person was there before the law was made" Good luck to what ever "person" that may be.

someone mentioned it and i googled it...

i see what you mean a lot of city's are doing what ever they can to stop us i do think your it a rock and a hard place because if you go and talk to them about it then they will know that you grow and if you don't you could get a ticket at the most

am no Lawyer, am no Lawyer but i would not do any thing but make sure you stay withinn your count

Guest Medicinal Patient

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1373624-rapids-grand.html

Grand Rapids passes medical marijuana regulations

Comments 7 | Recommend 1

March 10, 2010 8:00 AM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - The Grand Rapids City Commission has passed new regulations for medical marijuana caregivers.

They voted Tuesday to require those caregivers to register as a home occupation.

The ordinance also requires them to be at least 1,000 feet from any school and that all marijuana be locked away.

It also limits the number of patients getting pot from a caregiver to five a week.

So far the state has approved just over 10,000 patients and more than 4,300 caregivers since medical marijuana became legal last April.

~There is also a quick vid of the story at the above link. I am not sure how to embed these types of vids on websites. I don't understand how they can limit how many times a week you can have company over. It will be hard to prove why you had visitors. I am surprised I hadn't heard of this before yesterday. I am just outside GR in Kentwood and I live 3 blocks from an Elementary school. Is Kentwood next? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

They voted Tuesday to require those caregivers to register as a home occupation.

The ordinance also requires them to be at least 1,000 feet from any school and that all marijuana be locked away.

It also limits the number of patients getting pot from a caregiver to five a week.

So far the state has approved just over 10,000 patients and more than 4,300 caregivers since medical marijuana became legal last April.

State law trumps Grand Rapids. What happened to anonymousness? Security?

I dont trust local gov. dont know if i should say anything. will this allow crossreferancing between state and local gov?

OK here's my 2C: I just applied for my card (yay Doc certified!) I live in GR. i was going to make my wife my caregiver. I am not now. this allows me to grow in peace, legally. Even if the law is wrong or invalid, we have seen that it does not make them unable to ruin people's lives.

Guest Wayne

Who gives a bunny muffin about these assinine ordinances? With perhaps a few exceptions most municipalities, townships, and counties are attempting to limit and quash the will of the people. If I'm not mistaken many in this community have been engaging in civil disobedience for decades (I know I have). The difference now is we are the responsible citizens, raising a family, and paying our taxes. So now we have the power to effect change, while still engaging in a healthy discourse of civil disobedience. F these ordinances while at the same time working diligently to challenge and change them.

For the rest of the oldies. Remember the Vietnam protests? All of us flower children combined began the anti movement but the establishment really took notice when middle America, the parents of soldiers, joined the movement and effected change by pressuring Nixon to run on an "end the war" platform. Those were the Republicans I admired and I joined them in electing Richard M. Nixon to his second term. In hind sight I wouldn't change that vote. Given what Presidents get away with today Tricky Dick was a jaywalker.

Archived