Carolina Blue

=================================================

IDENTIFICATION

Date: October 14, 2009

Strain: Blue Satellite 2.2 x Grape Krush (selected clone known as "Carolina Blue")

Reviewer: dank.Frank

Breeder: Arawn

Grower: Phillthy

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. [ 9 ] Visual Appeal:Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. [ 9 ]Bud density: Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in

their natural state leave this field blank.

3. [ 10 ]Aroma Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for

best results.

4. [ 0 ]Seed content Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

5. [ 2 ]Weeks cured If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a

one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing

space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [10] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ]

Blueberry [6] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [4] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]

Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [2] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten

[ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [3] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice

[ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

Upon opening the jar, the smell instantly washes into the room. A powerful berry aroma, truly not unlike Captn' Crunch "Just Berries". Not an over the top sickly sweet smell, but more so a deep, rich, full, ripe smell. As soon as the initial whiff is gone you begin to notice a subtle skunk smell that is also present. Even when this is put back into a jar, the smell lingers in the air, and you are not sure, but it could be weed you smell, or it could be an air freshener or a Yankee candle burning somewhere...

==================================================

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. [ pipe, joint ]Enter instrument used to smoke(eg: papers, bong, vaporizer)

2. [ 10 ]Taste: Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

3. [ 5 ]State of dryness: Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

4. [ 8 ]Smoke ability: Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

5. [ 7 ]Smoke expansion: Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle

presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when

marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [10] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [4]

Blueberry [6] Fruit [2] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [4] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]

Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [2] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]

Chocolate [ ] Hash [2] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [2] Spice [2] Coconut [ ]

Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ]Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

After taking the first small pull on the joint, allowing the smoke to dance slowly over my tongue, attempting to let my pallet frolic...the musk dark berry flavor is instant. I drew the smoke in deeper and held it in place. I could quickly tell that this was some potent herb and the smoke began to expand very quickly. I can feel my throat tighten and my eye lids begin to fall lower....my tear ducts begin to get moist. As I exhale, the musky berry flavor is still there, but it is over powered by an unexpected and almost spicy...like sniffing black pepper. It is so unexpected, I almost coughed, but I continued to exhale slowly....enjoying this twist in the road. Slowly I feel the corners of my mouth beginning to pull upwards, and I wonder to myself, WHY? Almost as if having strings attached, and then the most pleasing and mellow high begins to take over, and it dawned on me for the second time...this is some GOOD bud. I pulled the joint away from my mouth and looked at it....almost as if to say, "I like you little buddy..." ahahaha. I followed the first toke, with a second, bigger hit, and an instant berry rush comes right back to my tongue. I followed it quickly with a deep breath of fresh air...forcing the light flavor smoke deep into my lungs...and wait for it to expand. Only this time, my lungs more expecting this, take it like a champ and I feel the instant euphoria. As I exhale the second hit, that strong spice is still present, and the berry flavor now stuck on every surface of my mouth. The flavor lingers so heavily you can almost taste it in your breath as you talk. Now the complexity of the buzz is setting in and my entire body relaxes. I can feel the cares and worries slipping away, and then an active, happy, social, feeling begins to creep into the top your head. A very clear and kind head....leaving you feeling in perfect harmony between all your senses. Very meditation like...in fact, this is a fantastic smoke for getting in touch with ones inner thoughts, contemplative to say the least. I could tell I was exactly where I WANTED to be, but figured, why NOT....and took one more deep long draw on the joint, followed by another quick puff...just making the cherry flare up at the end again...and WOW...the taste, is still there, and the high keeps climbing. The more you toke, the more you can taste the blue genetics in this plant. It literally coats your mouth and tongue, well, with "blue". My smile now very apparent, my teeth were showing...this is when I realize, this is good medicine. This bud has beyond recreational use...and if having a bad day, feeling down, needing to cool down and collect yourself after work....patch things up with a friend... Carolina Blue, is what you need to reach for to put in that peace pipe!

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. [ 2-3 ]Dosage: Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. [ 5 ]Effect onset: Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. [ 4 ]Sativa influence: Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa

influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. [ 6 ]Indica influence: Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica

influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. [ 8 ]Potency: Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. [ 2-3 ]Duration: Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. [ 4 ]Tolerance build up: Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave

this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. [ 10 ]Overall satisfaction: Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

9.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this

strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [x] No [ ]

MEDICAL SURVEY

Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the

appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your

entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should

not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and

check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[P] [] Ability to rest or sit still

[P] [] Anxiety relief

[P] [] Appetite

[P] [] Audio perception

[P] [] Humor perception

[P] [] Imagination/creativity

[P] [] Paranoia relief

[P] [N] Sex drive

[P] [] Sleep

[P] [] Pain relief

[P] [N] Speech process

[P] [] Taste perception

[P] [] Thought process

[P] [N] Visual perception

The effects really were consistent and level....seeming almost ceiling-less, though, I could see how too much of this would leave you with a stupor on your face...this is the kind of bud that makes the wall interesting!! The high lasts for a good hour and just when I though it was starting to fade, it took on a whole new life...coming back a second time, in wave, STRONGER than the first.... Very unusual...but so very welcome. I realize the smile is now back in full effect and my eyes and mind begin to drift. It seems as if every time I blink, it is the shutter of a camera, and while life is happening, it is like watching it from a movie...not like being a participant. Everything around you begins to take on a new look, and it all feels so surreal...felt very out of body so to speak...I would say this was really the peak of the high, and lasted for a good 15-20 minutes. The high doesn't really fade away, but rather settles back down, leaving you back in your relaxed and comfortable state, smile still plastered, the only thing to think about, being how good that movie you just watched was.....HAHAHAHAHA. After about 2.5 hours, the high begins to dissapate. I first realized it was fading because I noticed a bit of pain in my cheeks....my muscles tired from smiling so heavily for so long. The high leaves as gently as it comes on, kind of letting reality sink back in a bit at a time...zero hang over.

This is truly one of the MOST enjoyable and interesting smokes I have had in a very long time. Carolina Blue is truly an experience...a journey with intriguing little twists and turns...it keeps you guessing...each new effect only complementing and accenting the previous, making it that much more enjoyable as it progresses.

=============================================================================================================================================================================================

Pictures are from the grower, not myself...

post-3270-067861400 1278204757_thumb.jpg

post-3270-001605800 1278204862_thumb.jpg

dank.Frank

Archived