Andy Dillion Needs To Come Out Of Closet

Leon

lots of useful info

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<. the "2 questions" are

A) Do you support our Medical Marijuana Law?

B) If elected, would you sponsor and/or support a "regulation and taxation system" for cannabis, much like what is in place for alcohol and tobacco?

some counties have not answered the 2 questions. just click on your county to find out how your rep feels on those subjects.

lots of useful info

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<. the "2 questions" are

A) Do you support our Medical Marijuana Law?

B) If elected, would you sponsor and/or support a "regulation and taxation system" for cannabis, much like what is in place for alcohol and tobacco?

some counties have not answered the 2 questions. just click on your county to found out how your rep feels on those subjects.

Just wondering why are we asking about being taxed? I hope it is to make sure we are not going to try to tax a more or the poor/middle class humans for using a wild herb....

Just wondering why are we asking about being taxed? I hope it is to make sure we are not going to try to tax a more or the poor/middle class humans for using a wild herb....

I hear what your saying...but everything you buy that is legal is regulated and taxed. No politician is going to get into a fight or propose a bill that has no money being generated for the state and local economies. Legal marijuana needs to be a self sustaining entity generating money for the state and local governments or else there would be no incentive in making it legal. That's not to say a private grower with a few plants would have to pay a tax on it (just as you were brewing your own beer in your kitchen you wouldn't have to pay state taxes on alcohol manufacturing). But massive growers making product to sell to the market would have to pay taxes just like alcohol or tobacco.

I hear what your saying...but everything you buy that is legal is regulated and taxed. No politician is going to get into a fight or propose a bill that has no money being generated for the state and local economies. Legal marijuana needs to be a self sustaining entity generating money for the state and local governments or else there would be no incentive in making it legal. That's not to say a private grower with a few plants would have to pay a tax on it (just as you were brewing your own beer in your kitchen you wouldn't have to pay state taxes on alcohol manufacturing). But massive growers making product to sell to the market would have to pay taxes just like alcohol or tobacco.

Dude, do you hear yourself? Everything needs to be regulated and taxed to be legal? Ever read the US Constitution?

I think I'll let others comment.

As far as I know there has not been any marijuana legislation voted on by the state legislature so we can't look at their voting record to see how they stand. And since they will not come clean and tell us what they thing what are we to do?

Hoekstra has a voting record on medical marijuana by way of the Hinchey-Rohrabacher amendment. He does not support medical use of cannabis.

http://medicalmariju...?resourceID=869

I WILL NOT be voting for Mike Bouchard, Mike Cox or Hoekstra for governor.

Not saying this because they happen to be 'Republicans'... I'm saying it because in my opinion they are 'definitely' AGAINST MMJ in ANY FORM.

They are all straight 'LAW and ORDER' guys that are going to tow the hard line against cannabis no matter WHAT the people of Michigan want.

Don't be swayed by the BS and fear mongering. The 'economy' is going to be 'bad' for a long time to come no matter WHO is in office as governor... and the ONLY hope for Michigan is to 'GO GREEN'... electric cars, sun and wind generated power and HEMP to help replace the millions of gallons of oil we waste every year.

There it is... take it for what you feel it's worth... you know as well as I do ... WE HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO GO... we have tried everything else... take a look around.

VOTE THIS NOVEMBER!

Well said!

Dude, do you hear yourself? Everything needs to be regulated and taxed to be legal? Ever read the US Constitution?

I think I'll let others comment.

Reread my post. I never said it NEEDS to be taxed and regulated but it is..everything you buy is taxed. What exactly is your proposal? Unregulated free marijuana? That would be fantastic but will never happen. And yes I know frank zappa but unfortunately frank zappa isn't running for gov or state senate

Reread my post. I never said it NEEDS to be taxed and regulated but it is..everything you buy is taxed. What exactly is your proposal? Unregulated free marijuana? That would be fantastic but will never happen. And yes I know frank zappa but unfortunately frank zappa isn't running for gov or state senate

Absolutely. Arguing ideology is fine but in the end legalization will come because of the tax revenues MJ can generate. To be honest to get it legalized I would pay a 50% tax on it like we currently do with alcohol.

Frank Zappa was singing a song of protest against "THE SLIME" that "is destined to rule and regulate you". I think that suggesting that anything must me regulated and taxed to be legal is absurd. Why are we so quick to give up Freedom for comfort??:mellow:

Archived