Lighting Question

urminutegot

Yo, I have been borrowing some equipment from a friend and now have to give it back a little sooner than expected. My buddy seems to think that 5 more days of veg on his plants is gonna make his too big. This is gonna cause me a bit of a problem with lighing. I am using his 400hps now and have to give it back tomorrow. I have a 600hps phantom ballast and bulb ready to go but I do not have a reflector yet. It arrives Friday in the mail. So, my question is, in the interim can I use my 2' T5 4 bulb light to keep my 2 Diesel plants going for those 5 days. What light cycle? They are 4-5 weeks into budding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I personally would find a way to vertically secure the cordset and mogul plug for the 600 if you do not have one go to the hydro shop they are only $15 bucks heck Ive seen both cordset and plug + reflector online for $29.99 on ebay.

Also there might be a risk of shocking the plants by going from hps to fluorescents causing Hermie's id switch over to the 600 hps at any cost and stick with the normal bud light cycle 12 hours on 12 hours off .

I personally would find a way to vertically secure the cordset and mogul plug for the 600 if you do not have one go to the hydro shop they are only $15 bucks heck Ive seen both cordset and plug + reflector online for $29.99 on ebay.

Also there might be a risk of shocking the plants by going from hps to fluorescents causing Hermie's id switch over to the 600 hps at any cost and stick with the normal bud light cycle 12 hours on 12 hours off .

I put all my vegg under a florecent at night and then under the big lights during the day. Of course they aren't flowering. Any light is better than no light. But get that 600 going! Peace and love and Just Imagine.

I use a 600w & 400 and getting one more 600w so that I throw a 1000w out between the lights twice~!I use Eye Hortilux

Thanks y'all. I bought a GE bulb that is decent. I just don't have the money to throw at those hortilux just yet.

So, what your saying King is that I could just basically get the socket and hang that without a reflector? interesting? I am using a 3x3x5 tent so heat is definitely a major issue. I was using a sun systems 6" ducted reflector with great succes. Able to keep the temps at around 80 degrees with that 400w banging.

I've ordered a cool tube 6" because it was the smallest reflector I could find. Comes in Friday. Apparently my buddy cant wait just a few more days. I am going to try the t5's I guess.

Here's another scenario: Could I put the plants under a bright basement window? The sun shines in all day and it is really bright. Would doing this 12 on 12 off get me enough light?

Archived