Soil Vs Hempy Bucket?

MartinP26

Im tryin to decide if i wanna go with soil or the hempy bucket and i dont know what the pros and cons are of both methods. Im a first time grower and any info would help. Whats cheaper? easier? Which method gives bigger yields?? Which is faster? Also im probably gonna buy clones and grow that way. Is this bad or is it an easier way to do your growing??

+1 for the Hempy Buckets. I did several crops in Hempy Buckets when I first got back into indoor growing. I used 3 gallon trash cans, the small square ones like you might see in a motel.

Intro: Hempy Buckets are usually 1-3 gallons, 3:1 perlite/vermiculite mix, hole in the side of the bucket about 1.5" up from the bottom to provide a passive reservoir. Water every 2 days or so until you get runoff out the side hole.

I was just learning indoor growing, and was plenty sloppy with nute ratios, ph balance, and all sorts of other ways of mistreating the plants. I think the Hempy Buckets helped provide some stability to the plants to make up for my foolishness. Since then I've been growing in coco, but a recent coco problem had me thinking again of the old, simple, effective Hempy buckets...

I have nothing to say on soil, though, since I've never done an indoor soil grow.

Im tryin to decide if i wanna go with soil or the hempy bucket and i dont know what the pros and cons are of both methods. Im a first time grower and any info would help. Whats cheaper? easier? Which method gives bigger yields?? Which is faster? Also im probably gonna buy clones and grow that way. Is this bad or is it an easier way to do your growing??

Hempy Buckets is the only way to go!!!I've done both, but the problems I had with dirt grow is water absorbtion and compacting soil....no problem with either of these with buckets....I think you get much faster root growth and better quality roots...

Archived