Thinking About Mi

Feijao

I have been reading up on the laws in MI and they seem to be very friendly. It actually reminds me of Colorado several years ago. Since it seems that this is the board to be on when it comes to the MI MMJ scene I thought I would seek a little help here.

Here is my story. I am currently a caregiver in Colorado and up until July 1st when some laws changed I ran a very nice delivery service. I was able to offer many strains, hash, edibles, tinctures, Phoenix oil, clones, grow advice, etc... to lots of people that I am glad to be able to call friends now instead of just patients. It was great while it lasted and I am looking to move somewhere that I can continue my work.

I have not seen all caregivers and delivery service offerings in MI so please dont take this personally if your game is on point. With that being said the caregivers and delivery service offerings that I have seen dont seem to be compassionate in their pricing at all. I think I have seen 3 delivery services that actually charge a delivery fee and a per mile if past a quite short distance. I put over 90,000 miles on my car within 16 months and never charged anyone a delivery fee.

So here are my questions (sorry for the rant)

1. First and foremost which lawyer would be best to get with if I decided to start working in MI?

2. Are many landlords willing to rent warehouse space for MMJ growing? Looked on craigslist but didnt see any advertising it lol

3. Which city is the best in terms of MMJ acceptance?

Thanks so much for the help guys!

What up Feijo! I hope you choose to come here. People have fled the state in droves due to unemployment. We could use some kind folks to come here. Not to mention, some good genetics. MMJ is a great way to attract folks I think.

For the most part, the scene here is good quality if you know folks. Lots of peeps are putting their stuff on the market uncured and wet though. Demand is pretty high.

Questions:

1. Michael Korman or Abel

2. not yet, people will come around though. Most of the areas around here are ghost towns, so people are dying to rent and will leave you alone.

3. I am not sure, I live on the West Coast and things are good here. A few cities have moratoriums on MMJ businesses but they only last for 6 months. I would suggest moving to a township rather than a city as a rule of thumb. Less LEO and they usually don't have any interest in MMJ.

Hope this helps. Just my personal feelings. But, it is the Wild West here.

I have been reading up on the laws in MI and they seem to be very friendly. It actually reminds me of Colorado several years ago. Since it seems that this is the board to be on when it comes to the MI MMJ scene I thought I would seek a little help here.

Here is my story. I am currently a caregiver in Colorado and up until July 1st when some laws changed I ran a very nice delivery service. I was able to offer many strains, hash, edibles, tinctures, Phoenix oil, clones, grow advice, etc... to lots of people that I am glad to be able to call friends now instead of just patients. It was great while it lasted and I am looking to move somewhere that I can continue my work.

I have not seen all caregivers and delivery service offerings in MI so please dont take this personally if your game is on point. With that being said the caregivers and delivery service offerings that I have seen dont seem to be compassionate in their pricing at all. I think I have seen 3 delivery services that actually charge a delivery fee and a per mile if past a quite short distance. I put over 90,000 miles on my car within 16 months and never charged anyone a delivery fee.

So here are my questions (sorry for the rant)

1. First and foremost which lawyer would be best to get with if I decided to start working in MI?

2. Are many landlords willing to rent warehouse space for MMJ growing? Looked on craigslist but didnt see any advertising it lol

3. Which city is the best in terms of MMJ acceptance?

Thanks so much for the help guys!

First off, no offense taken, but I think you've overlooked our delivery based service...see the website in my signature.

In terms of lawyers, Matthew Abel or Michael Kormon. They are the MM "hotshots" in the state.

I have found numerous landlords willing to rent space for this type of operation, for the right price of course!

Ann Arbor if probably your safest bet in terms of accepting community in that general area. Detroit might actually be another option. I understand your hesitance, but there ARE nice areas of detroit, and they are voting this fall on a full out marijuana decriminalization measure. This, of course, could be a major + for your business.

Good luck. MI is a beautiful state with lots going for it (despite all our struggles.)

urminutegot: Thanks for the help and encouragement brother. I will get in contact with those lawyers and see what they think about some ideas that I have. There is no way to move uncured meds around here so luckily I have had plenty of practice in that area lol. Also thanks for the township tip, I will definitely look in to that.

LansingAreaCaregiver: Your site was one that I had not seen until you mentioned it. It looks quite a bit better than most of the others that I have seen. Can you tell me if you only sale to patients that sign you up as caregiver or are you comfortable selling to any patient in your area?

Thanks everyone so much for your help and time so far,

urminutegot: Thanks for the help and encouragement brother. I will get in contact with those lawyers and see what they think about some ideas that I have. There is no way to move uncured meds around here so luckily I have had plenty of practice in that area lol. Also thanks for the township tip, I will definitely look in to that.

LansingAreaCaregiver: Your site was one that I had not seen until you mentioned it. It looks quite a bit better than most of the others that I have seen. Can you tell me if you only sale to patients that sign you up as caregiver or are you comfortable selling to any patient in your area?

Thanks everyone so much for your help and time so far,

Right now we are only able to provide services to those who name one of our network caregivers as their caregiver. Stay tuned for further updates, though as we will likely soon be launching a new program that will increase flexibility for all. In our current form ,we aren't a dispensary in that we don't "sell" medication. We are a network of caregivers agreeing to adhere to a certain set of standards and practices including standardized pricing and growing techniques.

Good luck in your new venture!

What up Feijo! I hope you choose to come here. People have fled the state in droves due to unemployment. We could use some kind folks to come here. Not to mention, some good genetics. MMJ is a great way to attract folks I think.

For the most part, the scene here is good quality if you know folks. Lots of peeps are putting their stuff on the market uncured and wet though. Demand is pretty high.

Questions:

1. Michael Korman or Abel

2. not yet, people will come around though. Most of the areas around here are ghost towns, so people are dying to rent and will leave you alone.

3. I am not sure, I live on the West Coast and things are good here. A few cities have moratoriums on MMJ businesses but they only last for 6 months. I would suggest moving to a township rather than a city as a rule of thumb. Less LEO and they usually don't have any interest in MMJ.

Hope this helps. Just my personal feelings. But, it is the Wild West here.

I agree :) Come to Michigan!

So you are saying that your colorado ways are better than the mi ways? maybe you should stay there.. Our caregivers and growers are first rate.. I will spend my money locally personally

all he said is "most people dont have compassionate prices" which i think is a fair statement.. sure theres some that do have fair prices but most are selling it for 400-500 per oz.

dont let anyone discourage you from moving here, we need all the people back to help this economy.. hope everything works out

Archived