Montana Police Now Delivering Medical Marijuana

HerbanLegendSeeds

http://www.keci.com/Billings-Police-Dept--says-its-become-medical-mari/7613486

Billings Police Dept. says its become medical marijuana delivery service

AP News (07/04/10)

The Billings Police Department says it has become a pot delivery service for medical marijuana growers in Montana because shipping companies refuse to handle the drug due to federal laws that could leave them open to criminal prosecution.

Billings Police Chief Rich St. John says FedEx and UPS call police when workers discover packages that appear to contain medical marijuana that's legal in Montana.

FedEx spokeswoman Sally Davenport says the company won't take the risk of being prosecuted under federal law for accepting such shipments, even within Montana.

John says police must then pick up the package and determine if it's legal, then notify the person who sent it or deliver the package themselves. Police say they could be held liable if they don't return the pot to its rightful owner.

Hehe nice, I would only think this is the best scenario I have seen with our tax dollars at work. Hey Sheriff, can you have one of your deputies drop me off 2.5 oz of Og Kush, and can you bring a recipt? Thanks! ;)

Guest Medicinal Patient

Interesting story. This could be a good thing? Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust a leo to handle any of my meds, let alone anything at all, period. How do they go about knowing if its a legal shipment? Hipaa should prevent them from gathering such info. Its nice to hear that in Montana the police get it that if they take someones meds and don't return it to the rightfull owner that they are indeed liable. Thanks for this story HLS

http://www.keci.com/...al-mari/7613486

Billings Police Dept. says its become medical marijuana delivery service

AP News (07/04/10)

The Billings Police Department says it has become a pot delivery service for medical marijuana growers in Montana because shipping companies refuse to handle the drug due to federal laws that could leave them open to criminal prosecution.

Billings Police Chief Rich St. John says FedEx and UPS call police when workers discover packages that appear to contain medical marijuana that's legal in Montana.

FedEx spokeswoman Sally Davenport says the company won't take the risk of being prosecuted under federal law for accepting such shipments, even within Montana.

John says police must then pick up the package and determine if it's legal, then notify the person who sent it or deliver the package themselves. Police say they could be held liable if they don't return the pot to its rightful owner.

Hehe nice, I would only think this is the best scenario I have seen with our tax dollars at work. Hey Sheriff, can you have one of your deputies drop me off 2.5 oz of Og Kush, and can you bring a recipt? Thanks! ;)

So do these leos have MM cards? or are they exempt from the law? How can they possibly possess cannabis? just a badge doesnt cut it

This is CRAZINESS!! How proper of those nice officers.. Dropping off your med's like that.. How nice... I think MI LEO should follow suit and hand deliver our med's to... I'd even toss them a tip or at least offer some coffee or a nice muffin to take on their way.. :goodjob:

Archived