Using Earth Juice In Soil

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

well... in about two weeks i will FINALLY begin growing my own medicine. i tried to start back in april with soil but immediately started having problems. turns out my well water is total CRAP SO I HAD TO START BUYING ALL KINDS OF THINGS TO CORRECT IT... STARTING WITH A REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER. (THANKS GOES OUT TO HERBAN LEGENDS SEEDS for all the pointers)

i will have the filter soon and have purchased nearly all the remaining supplies that i will need to get moving. that being said i need as much advice as i can get for starting a hydroponic setup. i am going to be using something quite similar to a waterfarm system. all i plan on using are earth juice nutrients (i know a couple of people have told me to go with gen. hydroponics nutrients but its too late... i already had th E.J. so why change course?)

what is a proper feeding schedule for mmj when using earth juice? i have all of the stuff... grow, bloom, catalyst, microblast, and soon i wil have the meta k. should i still buy some cal mag plus? how often should i feed my girls? how often should i change the water in my res?

i also have the grow bible on the way so i can get alot of the answwers i am looking for from there but quite frankly i would rather hear advice from the knowledgable people from this board.

so... bubblegrower, sublime wind, herbanlegends and all the rest of you that really know your sh*t.... hit me with your best advice. i got alot of work to do! :gym:

• 3 months later...
Guest finallyfree09

needless to say... i switched to soil. hydro was a nitemare... a very shortlived one! :blink:

is it necessary to ph my water after i have added EJ before i can water? i read the 3LB method and it says that it shouldn't be an issue in so many words but i just don't know. last time i fed my plant i did ph the water. will adding ph up to my water cause any adverse effects on my soil? will the ph up stay in the soil and keep raising my ph? a little help please.... i am going to give my plant a strong dose of grow tonite... its the last feeding she will get before i switch her to bloom and start feeding her the bloom formula.

HELP!

P.S.

HYDRO SUCKS!!!! :lol::lol:

In 10 years I have never worried about PH of my water, whether city, well, or filtered water. With organic nutrients and soil it seems to be less of a concern than hydro.

I love EARTH JUICE! Its so thick and nasty, some don't use it because of the smell and the growroom may smell like you know what after a watering...

But I was told that high-times did a study and rated it the #1 fertilizer for FLAVOR. I like on the bottle it says it will not burn the plants.

I really recommend using the catalyst, and some of the microblast can't hurt, they are in the smaller bottles. Notice that the bloom has no nitogen so the first weeks I mix bloom and grow so that the girls don't yellow out too early.

Guest finallyfree09

Thanks man. I've got the catalyst and microblast and all that. Used some already. I'm just worried abot pouring the stuf on my plants w/o ph'ing first.

I have ro water which is 7.0. When I mix the EJ into it the ph goes down to 4.0. Are you sure I shouldn't try to bring that up a bit?

The first time I used it I ph'd the solution at 6.5 but every time I have watered the ph of the waste water is ALWAYS aroun 7.

Don't wanna burn this one up... Had a lot of problems startin off but now its like old times. Kickin butt. Don't wanna burn up my baby!

Suggestions from anyone else?

Guest finallyfree09

well... i went ahead and gave her a gallon of EJ at midnite last nite. made a strong dose too... 2 Tbsp of grow, 2 Tblsp of catalyst.... i also threw in a 1/2 Tblsp of bloom because i am going to flower her on saturday.

i did not adjust the ph of the solution before i added it. as i said before, EJ drops the ph of ro water from 7 to 4 the second it is added to the water. when i checked the waste water from the bottom of the plant the ph was 6.2. she is starting to draw up a lot of water now so, if i have to water again tonight, i will check the ph to see if it has come up any.

i use foxfarm ocean forest which has oyster shells in it to control ph... we shall see if it does a good job or not. it also contains all kinds of nutrients that are in the soil when you buy it... crab shells and bat guano and whatnot... lots of stuf. everything i have read has said that it is not necessary to add any fertilizer to your water for 2 weeks... B.S. is all i can say.

i mixed a light dose of EJ and gave the plant a whole gallon of that water when i transplanted it into a 5 gallon container full of ocean forest. in a week and a half the plant has more than quadrupled its size! :blink: the new vegetative growth is SOOO green that it is nearly blinding under a 400w mh lite.i have never seen an indoor plant grow this fast before and i am using soil! cant imagine what it would be growing like if it were in hydro.

so far last nights fertilization has not done anything alarming to my plant... new growth is ultra bright green and the old leaves are as deep dark green as they can get. i think i LIKE earth juice! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: (as long as its used in soil)

Guest finallyfree09

well, i have had the opportunity to water my girl and measure the ph and everything. after adding the earth juice to my water the ph went down to 4 as i already said. the water draining out of the container was 6.2. now the water draining from the plant is around 6.8... this is after adding ro water that is steady at 7.

growth is explosive. the leaves are so lush and green i can barely stand to look directly at them in the light :lol: . overall this earth juice is some KILLER fertilizer. in combination with the foxfarm ocean forest potting soil it is taking EXCELLENT care of my plants nutritional needs. i would recommend to anyone.

well, i have had the opportunity to water my girl and measure the ph and everything. after adding the earth juice to my water the ph went down to 4 as i already said. the water draining out of the container was 6.2. now the water draining from the plant is around 6.8... this is after adding ro water that is steady at 7.

growth is explosive. the leaves are so lush and green i can barely stand to look directly at them in the light :lol: . overall this earth juice is some KILLER fertilizer. in combination with the foxfarm ocean forest potting soil it is taking EXCELLENT care of my plants nutritional needs. i would recommend to anyone.

How many Teaspoons per Gal or tablespoons per Gal?

Guest finallyfree09

"2 Tbsp of grow, 2 Tblsp of catalyst.... i also threw in a 1/2 Tblsp of bloom because i am going to flower her on saturday."

this is what i did on saturday. this coming saturday i will mix a light bloom formula with no grow solution in it as i gave the plant a pretty big helping of nitrogen 3 days ago. figured if i was going to flower in a week i should make sure there is a bunch of nitrogen in there in the beginning so the plant doesn't go hungry as it ramps up bud production.

not sure how i am going to feed it during flowering yet. i was thinking of mixing a mild bloom formula once a week for the first two weeks and then double that for the next 4. well.. maybe not double it but i will figure something out.

this plant is an unknown indica that grows wildly with unbelieveable branching. i have just been watching it grow and it tells me what it needs. very fast grower so if it slows down i know it needs something. drinks a gallon of water everyday!

Archived