Building A Room

rgkoz

My family has had a drywall business for 30 years. Drywall is made of paper and gypsum. It absorbs tons of water if not sealed and painted with a gloss. THey do however make a board now called DENSARMOR which contains no paper and is used for high humiditiy situations, like that of the South.

I would suggest using the plywood, or MDF. A smooth surface may reflect better than a rough one.

I use the 4'x8' bathroom sheeting with the white surface (Home Depot $11.99 ea.) it cleans up easily and no need for paint. It's a 3/16" Masonite sheet with a white surface on 1 side, you use liquid nails and screws or nails to attach it. It's about $12 a sheet.

But I recommend you insulate your room, climate control is vital and the insulation helps to keep it cool in the room and also muffles sound from fans and ballasts.

I use 2 intake and exhaust openings also 1 set for the heat produced by the lights and one set for fresh air and heat removal. Even if your using Co2, you need a back up exhaust in-case of high temps.

Good Luck with your project. rbuck

I used drywall. 13x6 / (4x6 veg & 6x9 flower) I need more exhaust of light heat so I just got a 6" inline from HTG Supply. Good deal on a carbon filter/fan combo. I just need to come up with a rheostat to slow it down cause its really loud. Just plugged it in to try it. I think I'm going to mount it to a cement block wall to avoid noise traveling upstairs. I need to put a door sweep on the bottom of my door and cut another passive air vent with a piece of a furnace filter, to cut down on any dust entering the rooms. I found that by cutting the vent in at the top of your wall on the inside and bottom on the outside, there is no light escaping, and it tends to pull the cooler air off of the basement floor! Just some thoughts to consider. Grow on! Peace

As Long as you paint it w/ good Paint ...

That way you can wash the wall w/ Bleech

when need to ...

Having walls you can keep clean are the most Important thing ...

I use wood w/ a Good " Kilz " High Gloss Paint

No. 710 Ulta Bright White

I agree dont skimp out on this step. I also use Kilz and it works great aside from it being oil based and a complain to clean up after.

I am building my new room right now... I got 10x50 Panda Film from my local grow shop for $50, built a frame out of 2x4's and made a 6x6 Flower a 6x4 Flower room and a 4x4 Veg Cabinet.... 2x4's, hinges for doors, and panada film all for right under $100. I am renting so building permanent rooms wasn't an option. Good luck with the build!

I am building my new room right now... I got 10x50 Panda Film from my local grow shop for $50, built a frame out of 2x4's and made a 6x6 Flower a 6x4 Flower room and a 4x4 Veg Cabinet.... 2x4's, hinges for doors, and panada film all for right under $100. I am renting so building permanent rooms wasn't an option. Good luck with the build!

How do you plan to vent, light, hang equipment? I am not very handy but would appreciate as much info. as I can get for this type of grow area.

I already had 6" inline fans that I have 2 going through each light (air cooled hoods) I cut the vent part out of my window a/c unit and put a house 2"x10" exhaust duct in there and put a Y on it which an inline fan forcing air and ran it into each room (through the panda film) the temp over night never got about 77 degrees. Hanging my equipment... when I built my frame I ran cross supports across the top to hold each light 1000 watt HPS and 1000 watt switchable... My room is up stairs so I ran the exhaust of the rooms into the closet which is connected to the attic. I am no room building expert but if you have anymore questions I will try my best =)

I already had 6" inline fans that I have 2 going through each light (air cooled hoods) I cut the vent part out of my window a/c unit and put a house 2"x10" exhaust duct in there and put a Y on it which an inline fan forcing air and ran it into each room (through the panda film) the temp over night never got about 77 degrees. Hanging my equipment... when I built my frame I ran cross supports across the top to hold each light 1000 watt HPS and 1000 watt switchable... My room is up stairs so I ran the exhaust of the rooms into the closet which is connected to the attic. I am no room building expert but if you have anymore questions I will try my best =)

So far very helpful. Thanks so much, my friend!!

Archived