Site Down Till 10:30:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I want to apologize for the down time today. At this time I have no idea what happened. I got online around 7:30am and the site was kicking out the database error that it couldn't connect. I then tried to log on to our cpanel and also got an error. At that time I rushed to file a ticket. Wile talking to the support via chat the site came back on. The representative told me more would be explained later as this happened to other customers on the same server and that an administrate tech was working on the problem. This is all I know at this time.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

OK, well not much of an update, but I was just called by our host returning my earlier message. This should be straightened out now and as far as I'm told, there wont be any further down time.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guys no praise need be laid on me.....I was as helpless as everyone else. My only consolation was I could poke um with a sharp object on occasion. :sword::geek:

Guys no praise need be laid on me.....I was as helpless as everyone else. My only consolation was I could poke um with a sharp object on occasion. :sword::geek:

Hey Big Cat,

Wasn't sure where to report this, but figured it may be related to new server/host.

Still getting the occasional 503 error "resource limit reached". It seems to be intermitent, and haven't been able to replicate it on my own, just a random thing. It didn't start until after the switch to the new hosting solution.

Keep up the great work and hope that helps a bit.

Edited to add the exact message:

503 Error

Resource limit exceeded

If you are seeing this page, your site may be exceeding the allowed resources on the server. It could also mean your Mongrel instance has stopped. Please contact support for further information.

Just saw your reply, I figured you had run into it, but better safe than sorry.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Yeah I'm aware of this particular error. Sadly right now, till Joe comes back from Music Fest, there isn't much I can do there. It seems we need to up our package to one with higher resource restrictions. But thank you for bringing it up. I'd rather hear things I'm aware of then you guys not say something and me be caught unaware.

So thank you.

This wasn't the same problem as this morning though, as it seemed to effect others using the same host on a particular server.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I was on soneone else system at 3-4 this morning. I thought the error message was due to the system I was on!

Wow it was down for a long time then. So at least from 4am - 10:45am.

Thanks for the info.

Best

Two things on this. I wonder if the "Server Service" on the host needed to be restarted or something, and they just didn't realize that something was bombing it out. I bet they restarted the service, then later realized a total server restart was necessary. Anywho, they should also be replicating their servers so if one in the pool goes bad, they have others to work in their place.

Archived