Roomates/caregivers Question

I see you are a Compassion Club Organizer...any advice you could share? I would love to start 1 here in Muskegon County.Can't seem to find a fumctional one. I have been going to Travis City to 1 there.. Nice ride from here. But that will change with the weather. And I still have several months of needing their services, if you get my meaning.

Right on greenbudha :thumbsu: . I don't know why people would want to manipulate the system. If you are a patient, and your roommate is a patient, you could have 24 plants and sufficient amount to be supplied to your patient up to 2.5 oz. But do you really think a judge or police officer would read the law that way allowing the two of you to have 10 oz between you? That is slightly more than half a pound of medicine between the two of you. Why would you need so much? My recommendation would be to only have 2.5 oz each max sitting around, and any remainder curing in jars, locked away, with dates. If you do get raided, this is probably the only way you can avoid going to jail. I would also make sure to identify the plants that are yours to make sure there is no confusion. You should also keep good records. Good luck to both of you and if your really concerned, just don't do it. It is much easier to defend if you don't try to interpret the law. The intent is to allow you to have sufficient medicine, not to stockpile it. :goodjob:

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why you keep saying it's 2.5 oz per patient PERIOD. It's not, its extremely clear in the law that the patient AND the CG can both have 2.5 ounces.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

There it is in black and white straight from the law, a patient can posses 2.5 ounces, and their caregiver can posses 2.5 ounces on their behalf.

I have seen comments on the site that in the MI law there are no gray areas. There certainly are some confusing areas open to interpretation and the above comtributions to this thread explicate one. I don't know if it should properly called a gray, green, mauve, violet, magenta or murky brown area.

Archived